The pneumatic grip for yarn and tire cords is a single actuator grip used on filamentary tensile specimens.
The specimen grip is suitable for steel tire cords to BISFA.
The force reduction curve employing 270° deflection carefully reduces the tensile force on the clamping position. The pneumatic clamping ensures a constant gripping force and can be easily and reproducible set. The specimen is held securely, jaw breaks are avoided. A guide groove is integrated into the load reduction roller and basic unit for thread feeding, Therefore the specimen is conveniently and quickly positioned in the tensile axis.
- The symmetrical weight distribution allows the center of gravity of the grips in the tensile axis. No transverse forces are transmitted to the load cell via the specimen grips.
- A guide groove is integrated into the load reduction roller and basic unit for thread feeding, allowing fast and convenient specimen feeding and automatic and precise positioning in the tensile axis.
- Force reduction curve employing 270° deflection reduces the tensile force on the end-clamping position. Thus the required closing force can be reduced at end clamping for specimens that are sensitive to clamping. The closing force is progressively loaded at end clamping, thereby securely holding the specimen and preventing jaw breaks during the test.
- The load reduction radius is reduced seamlessly via the involute form of the load reduction roller.
- The ends are clamped pneumatically, ensuring that the gripping force remains constant even with diminishing specimen diameter.
- Easy and convenient opening and closing via pneumatic control unit allowing high specimen throughput.
- Secure holding of the specimen ensures reliable test results, even with specimens prone to shrinkage.
- High specimen throughput thanks to quick specimen insertion and exact centering with insertion aid and guide groove.
- Fast, easy two-handed specimen change - grips operated via foot control unit.
- The load-reduction curve ensures gentle gripping with no jaw breaks.
- The symmetrical weight distribution of the grips ensures accurate force measurement.
The grips are especially suitable for steel tire cords to BISFA.
|Operating principle/identification||Pneumatic, single-side closing|
|Test load Fmax||10||kN|
|Gripping force at 6 bar||30||kN|
|Gripping force at 10 bar||50||kN|
|Operating pressure||1 ... 10||bar|
|Depth with connection unit||157||mm|
|Opening width, max. with jaws||5||mm|
|Connection, stud||Ø 20||mm|
|Weight per specimen grip, approx.||12.5||kg|
|Ambient temperature||+10 ... +35||°C|
|Scope of delivery||2||pieces|
|Supplied load reduction curve|
|Length per load reduction curve||330||mm|
|Surface||Steel, smooth, hardened|