The pneumatic grip for yarn and tire cords is a single actuator grip used on filamentary tensile specimens.
The force reduction curve employing 180° deflection carefully reduces the tensile force on the clamping position. The pneumatic clamping ensures a constant gripping force and can be easily and reproducible set. The specimen is held securely and jaw breaks are prevented during the test.
The load-reduction curve with 180° deflection gently reduces the tensile force before the clamping point. Pneumatic clamping ensures constant gripping force with easy, reproducible adjustment. The specimen is held securely and jaw breaks during the test are avoided.
- Secure holding of the specimen ensures reliable test results, even with specimens prone to shrinkage.
- High specimen throughput thanks to quick specimen insertion and centering via guide groove.
- Fast, easy two-handed specimen change - grips operated via foot control unit.
- The load-reduction curve ensures gentle gripping with no jaw breaks.
- Interchangeable load reduction curves enable optimum adaptation of the specimen grips to accommodate different specimen materials.
- The jaws can be changed quickly and easily for different applications - no tools required. The jaws are centered automatically.
|Operating principle/identification||Pneumatic, single-side closing|
|Test load Fmax||2.5||kN|
|Gripping force at 6 bar||5.8||kN|
|Operating pressure||3 ... 10||bar|
|Depth with insertion aid||109||mm|
|Depth with insertion aid and connection unit||134||mm|
|Opening width, max. with jaws||4||mm|
|Weight per specimen grip, approx.||4||kg|
|Connection, stud||Ø 20||mm|
|Ambient temperature||+15 ... +35||°C|
|Scope of delivery||2||pieces|