The pneumatic specimen grips emphasis is on fast, reproducible and, most importantly, parallel gripping. Full gripping force is available right from the start, so that the static jaws transmit the test speed directly to the specimen.
Simple extensions are used in combination with temperature chambers The pneumatic actuator is positioned outside the chamber.
- Whether you are testing sensitive specimens or specimens with short clamping lengths, these symmetrically designed grips guarantee optimum clamping.
- When determining the exact nominal strain the grip-to-grip separation does not depend on specimen diameter. This minimizes set-up time.
- Reduced weight plus a compact design simplify handling, ensure short heating and cooling times in the temperature chamber. and enable long travel.
- Absolutely secure gripping right from the start of the test for specimens prone to light slippage.
Pneumatic control unit for specimen grips
The closing force of the pneumatic grips can be steplessly set via a pneumatic control unit, which ensures the safe gripping of a wide range of different materials. The opening and closing of the specimen grips can be controlled by foot switches or the remote control of the materials testing machine for greater operating comfort.
|Test load Fmax||10||kN|
|Operating principle/identification||Double-sided closing (wedge action)|
|Gripping force at 6 bar||18.46||kN|
|Gripping force at 10 bar||28.75||kN|
|Operating pressure, min.||1 ... 10||bar|
|Opening width, max. with jaws||6.5||mm|
|Clamping length||Min. 20||mm|
|Weight per specimen grip, approx.||13,7||kg|
|Connection, stud||Ø 20||mm|
|Ambient temperature||0 ... +50||°C|
|Ambient temperature with extension piece||-70 ... +250||°C|
|Scope of delivery||2||pieces|
- Recommended and approved for strain rate control to the standards DIN EN ISO 6892-1:2009 and ASTM E8-09
- In connection with an extension piece for temperature chambers the specimen grips can be used at temperatures from -70 ... 250°C (pneumatic actuator is located outside the temperature chamber).