Medium Container for Medical Testing ApplicationsDownload
- Ambient temperature
- Up to +80°C
- Medium container
- Temperature conditioning device
- In-vivo environment
- Interface to testXpert III
- Extensometer integration
- Optional temperature conditioning device
Fast reabsorbing materials, which are increasingly used in traumatology, surgery, and wound healing change their material properties incrementally as they make contact with mediums such saline solution. This must able to be regulated so that the reabsorbing biomaterials can be used purposefully. It is important to know and adapt to the changes in stiffness, tensile strength, and yield point during manufacturing and development.
In the field of biomaterials, the mechanical properties of both regenerative and artificial materials are researched. To reflect the physiological conditions of the body, mechanical tests should be performed in a temperature-controlled fluid bath. ZwickRoell's medium container for medical testing applications enables simulation of an in-vivo environment for tests on fast reabsorbing materials.
- Glass container can be moved axially with spring support to enable clamping of the specimen outside the liquid medium
- Includes collection trough and hose connection for draining the liquid.
- Various test tools or specimen grips can be connected to the mounting stud located inside the bath
- Quick dismantling for easy cleaning; disinfection also possible in autoclave up to 120°C
- Traceability option in the testXpert III testing software sets the necessary requirements to satisfy all criteria of FDA 21 CFR Part 11
- A flexure test kit for tests based on DIN EN ISO 6872 is available specifically for medical applications, together with specimen grips for use in liquids
- Optional temperature conditioning device (ambient temperature up to 80°C) for installation in the fluid bath including a separate container for preconditioning the specimen
- Optional use of videoXtens optical extensometer