Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by providing superior service and support for the installation, calibration, training in the usage of, and repair of ZwickRoell machines at ZwickRoell in Spain.
- Use of technical scientific expertise in order to accomplish, after the required training in Spain and Germany, with the major accountabilities of the work consisting in:
- Installation, calibration, maintenance and reparations of Universal testing machines (static and dynamic machines) as well as Hardness Systems, Pendulum, Melt Flow index etc.
- Aid client formulation of required Test methods to conform to client products, client manufacturing processes and market needs for possible use of ZwickRoell machine capabilities.
- Design, implement, evaluate and adapt Test methods to perform by ZwickRoell machines to comply with International Standards and customer needs and requests.
- Detection and reparation of ZwickRoell machine testing failures.
- Efficiently manages own time related to the provided scheduling and travel needs for the service, calibrations, repairs, installations and upgrades of all ZwickRoell machines located in SPAIN.
- Works closely with Service Admins to achieve most timely and cost effective performance of assigned duties.
- Provide timely and accurate equipment calibrations to relevant standards and procedures, using the most current test methods. Prepare written reports of calibration results to ISO/IEC 17025, Sec 5.10. Evaluate the results for test of reasonableness.
- Ensure a good machine’s installation and/or upgrades in a period that meets customer expectations. Develops and designs test programs to meet customer and ASTM or ISO requirements. Leaves an up-and-running, well-trained and satisfied customer upon completion of installation, Works closely with Customer Advocate to ensure all aspects of machine installation is complete, as needed, both by the customer and by ZwickRoell.
- Troubleshoots and repairs ZwickRoell machines in a timely manner. Takes ownership of issue, and by using independent discretion and judgment drives to a quick and complete solution. Minimizes callbacks by staying with and solving the problem on the first visit.
- Provides customer training in the operation of ZwickRoell machines, usage of testXpert software, and application of specific test methods. Maintains expertise in test methodology and the application of ZwickRoell technology to solve specific customer needs.
- Maintains all ZwickRoell assets, including but not limited to: tools, calibration cells, electronics, and company car, in good operating condition. Obtains timely approval from Service Manager for all needed repairs.
- Submits all required paperwork including SCRs, Expense Reports, Acceptance Protocols and any other required reporting, on a weekly or even daily basis, as required by the Service Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree in electronics, mechanics, materials, or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical and electromechanical devices from schematic and mechanical drawings
- Must be able to meet requirements for accreditation as defined by ISO 17025
- Strong oral and written English communications skills
- Strong computer and software skills
- Ability to work with high degree of personal discipline
- Ability to build relationships and build consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Must have a high level of technical troubleshooting and technical problem solving skills
- Prior experience with universal destructive testing machines is highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time, depending on the assigned territory
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain automobile/liability coverage
- Salary to be negotiated depending on experience
- Variables based on objectives
- Company car also for personal use
- Permanent training at HQ in Germany and other affiliates
- Permanent contract after 6 months of trial period
Please send a resume/CV to
Parc Empresarial Trade Center, Av. Corts Catalanes, 5-7, planta 2ª, Local 1
08173 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)