ZwickRoell is the world's leading supplier of materials testing machines. Our materials testing machines are used worldwide in R&D and quality assurance in more than 20 industries. For more than 160 years, ZwickRoell has stood for reliable test results, excellent services, and quality and reliability in materials and components testing in over 56 countries.
"We are open-minded and passionate about what we do!"
The ZwickRoell Group employs over 1,600 employees worldwide - many of them for years or even decades. Their knowledge, ability and commitment characterize the Group. The basis of our success is created through an open cooperation and a passionate commitment to our customers!
The Sales & Application Engineer owns the overall responsibility and is “the” driving factor towards the business development and application support of Taiwan. The Sales & Application Engineer supports in the complete sales process according to jointly agreed on targets and measures and actively ensures the sustainable mid to long-term growth, as well as the overall business of the ZwickRoell Group (ZRG) according to the ZwickRoell strategies, policies and guidelines and shared values. The Sales & Application Engineer reports functionally to the Team Leader of the Internal Sales Team/V2 and disciplinary to the Branch Manager.
- Conducting sales presentations and providing technical and applications support on machines / instruments used for analyzing the behaviour of materials / material properties.
- Analyse, propose and coordinate sustainable targets and measures to develop the market regularly and identify related growth potentials by industries.
- Develop business strategies and periodic action plans to achieve assigned sales targets.
- Evaluate customer requirements to provide solutions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Bridge technical and commercial aspects of the business within the organization.
- Interact with sales and service teams to maximize new business opportunities.
- Actively drive the lead finding activities.
- Research, understand and document the major local competitor situation in detail.
- Review final quotations to release to customers.
- Support in final negotiations.
- Review and clarify received orders on every technical and commercial aspect.
- Regular and close project follow-up. Review and actively work on opportunities.
- Liaise with Regional HQ to address complex technical, commercial and logistic requirements.
- Participate regularly in the important company events and training programs, especially: International Sales Conference, International Sales Training and testXpo/International Forum for Material Testing, Asia Sales Training, Asia Service Training, Asian Forum for Materials Testing, ZRSG Sales Partner Meeting, Asian Service Manager Forum, ZwickRoell Ulm/ZwickRoell Singapore Training Weeks, TopSell, etc.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in engineering (Mechanical / Automation / Instrumentation)
- Minimum 3 years of know-how of materials testing machines and instruments
- Working experience in measurement and analytical instruments or materials testing would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of materials testing and properties
- Knowledge in plastics testing applications would be advantageous
- Proficiency with PC software
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs
- Possess initiative and good business acumen
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence customers
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team
- Goal-oriented and has a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to undergo continuous re-training
- Proficiency in English and a Chinese language
- Proficiency in German language would be advantageous