The Sales Engineer will play a key role in managing sales process, understanding the applications
and consult, proposing feasible solutions, building customer relationships, achieving sales targets,
managing existing customers and, generating new leads, opportunities and new customers. The
Sales Engineer will contribute towards increasing customer satisfaction level. The Sales Engineer will
also support sales and business development initiatives and strategies to expand the market share
of the products and solutions of the ZwickRoell Group (ZRG) within the standard business.
- Achieve sales target assigned by sales manager mainly for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana region while stationed in Chennai office.
- Regular meeting with customers over the phone, e-mail or visit to assist in technical, applications and commercial aspects of sales process.
- Prepare and present technical presentation of ZRG products and its demonstration, if needed, to the customer to meet their needs.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements, speak with customers to understand their requirement and offer our solutions to meet their needs.
- Generate technical sales proposals and discuss the proposal with the customer.
- Manage and update records of customer communication and sales activity in the CRM system and follow internal communication protocols and workflows.
- Finalise orders after technical and commercial negotiation meetings with customers.
- Responsible for collection of outstanding payments, C Form, Performance Bank Guarantee, Earnest Money Deposits etc. from customers.
- Maintaining good relationships with customers throughout sales and after-sales process.
- Research information on competitor’s initiatives and activities and, share with the sales team.
- Inform marketing department as per defined timeline for upcoming marketing events (exhibitions, conferences, fairs, seminars) in dedicated region and work closely with marketing department to conduct such activities.
- Attend and arrange exhibitions, conferences, ZwickRoell Forums, ZwickRoell Seminars and similar events for the purpose of attracting and retaining customers, increasing network, improving the branding of products and increasing market awareness.
- Preparation of weekly report, monthly report, visit report and submission to the sales manager as per defined timelines.
- Fulfil ad-hoc duties assigned by sales manager.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Metallurgy)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales of materials testing machines or other industrial products
- Working experience in measurement and analytical instruments or materials testing would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of materials testing and properties
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and electronics
- Experience in sales activity of materials testing machines or industrial products
- Proficiency with PC software and good knowledge of MS Office programs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently, goal-oriented and has a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to travel to attend customer meetings and technical visits
- Willing to undergo continuous re-training
- Valid driving license
- Proficiency in English and Hindi language
- Proficiency in German language would be advantageous
- 70% travel requirement