ISO 7206-10 Implants for surgery – Partial and total hip-joint prostheses – Part 10: Determination of resistance to static load of modular femoral heads
- The ISO 7206-10 standard applies to modular femoral heads with a conical connection between the femoral head and the femoral stem.
- The standard specifies methods for the determination of the compression force or breaking force and the tensile force (disassembly), to cause failure of the component. ISO 7206-10 applies to metallic and non-metallic components.
- To determine the compression and tensile force, a minimum of five femoral heads must be tested.
- The tensile test and compression test are normally carried out using a static ZwickRoell testing machine.
- To protect the operator from fragments, use of a safety device is mandatory.
- The ZwickRoell testXpert III testing software allows the user to configure standard requirements as well as customized test settings.