ZwickRoell is the world's leading supplier of materials testing machines. Our materials testing machines are used worldwide in R&D and quality assurance in more than 20 industries. For more than 160 years, ZwickRoell has stood for reliable test results, excellent services, and quality and reliability in materials and components testing in over 56 countries.
"We are open-minded and passionate about what we do!"
The ZwickRoell Group employs over 1,600 employees worldwide - many of them for years or even decades. Their knowledge, ability and commitment characterize the Group. The basis of our success is created through an open cooperation and a passionate commitment to our customers!
The Service Engineer will provide the best and timely services to the customers to create a seamless experience and provide passionate customer orientation. The Service Engineer will take care of installation, commissioning, user training, troubleshooting, repair, calibration and annual maintenance contract services of ZwickRoell products. The Service Engineer will work independently, utilizing training and experience to determine the best course of action to provide the best solutions to satisfy the customers.
- Installation and commission of ZwickRoell machines and instruments.
- Creation of test setup & results as per customer’s testing requirements.
- Train users on proper handling of machine & software.
- Complete the Final Acceptance Test protocol with user after installation and commission and, timely submission to the customer support coordinators for warranty execution and invoice to customers.
- Servicing of ZwickRoell Group (ZRG) machines and instruments at customer sites.
- Performing regular maintenance visits for Annual Maintenance Contract orders.
- Timely submission of service reports and checklists to the customer support coordinator for invoicing to customers.
- Remote & onsite warranty / breakdown support of installed machines and instruments.
- Analysing faults / failures with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components.
- Determining nature and scope of fault / damage and advising customer with the proper follow-up procedures for procuring spare parts or arranging warranty replacement parts in accordance with commercial considerations.
- Providing demo at customer site to existing and new customers.
- Advising customers regularly for spares & consumables of the machines and instruments for smooth operations.
- Discuss and advise the customer on new acessories.
- Follow up with customer support coordinator for timely submission of spares, consumables and accessory proposals to the customer.
- Planning of customer visits in consultation with customer support coordinator.
- Utilize the CRM system to actively manage all service jobs.
- Continuously develop and maintain knowledge and expertise of the ZwickRoell Product Portfolio and Applications to enhance confidence and service effectiveness.
- Provide technical support to ZwickRoell Singapore subsidiaries, rep offices and ZwickRoell Singapore partners within Asia.
- Coordinate with technical team in Germany, if needed, to provide solutions for customers.
- Performing calibration as per calibration job orders from customers within Asia.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in engineering (Mechanical / Automation / Instrumentation)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in servicing of materials testing machines and instruments
- Working experience in measurement and analytical instruments or materials testing would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of materials testing and properties
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience in customer support activity of materials testing machines
- Proficiency with PC software
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs
- Ability to work independently
- Goal-oriented and has a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to travel to attend to customer complaints
- Willing to undergo continuous re-training
- Proficiency in English and Vietnamese language
- Proficiency in German language would be advantageous
- 70% travel requirement