- Temperature control of the heating elements, heating chamber and barrel are all perfectly co-ordinated. The temperature is generated at the location where it is utilized, ensuring excellent temperature distribution over the whole barrel height from the outset.
- Simplified cleaning, with rapid expulsion of residual specimen material.
- The die plug is located on the underside of the extrusion barrel. Removing the die plug frees the die to move downwards, allowing it to be removed easily.
- Expelling the die plus residual material after the test is similarly fast and easy. The barrel is now accessible throughout., simplifying cleaning.
- The optionally available test weight support allows you to retain the test weight in the pre-heating position.
- Comprehensive accessory range including automatic or manual extrudate cutter, separating pane and die plug is optionally available.
Cflow is a compact instrument for rapid checking of the melt mass flow rate of plastics as per Method A.
It is primarily designed for plastics processors with a less frequent need for extrusion tests and no requirement for connection to a PC.
Cflow is intended for MFR tests to Method A. Tests can be performed in accordance with the following standards:
- Method A as per ISO 1133, ASTM D1238, ASTM D3364, JIS K 7210.
The instrument can quickly be checked using the test granulate included in delivery. It is also possible to check the temperature in the extrusion barrel and the diameter of dies and barrels using plug gauges.
Simplified cleaning, with rapid expulsion of residual specimen material
The die plug is located on the underside of the extrusion barrel. Removing the die plug frees the die to move downwards, allowing it to be removed easily. Expelling the die plus residual material after the test is similarly quick and easy. Cleaning is simplified because the barrel is now accessible throughout. The Pneumatic Weight-lifting with Cleaning Function option also enables simple, convenient cleaning of the extrusion barrel at the touch of a button.
|Type||Cflow extrusion plastometer (230 V)|
|Test load||0.325 to 21.6||kg|
|Height with all weights||850||mm|
|Test temperature||+120 to +400||°C|
|Display||two-line set/actual temperature display, backlit|
|Temperature display resolution||<0.1||K|
|Temperature accuracy between 0 and 75 mm above the die in temperature range 190°C to 300°C||<0.31||K|
|Error limit for time measurement (Method A)||± 0.02 (with automatic extrudate cutter)||s|
|Included in delivery:|
|Power input specifications|
|Power supply||220 to 240 V, 1L/PE/N|
|Power consumption (full load), approx.||0.6||kVA|
- for distance and time, complies with ISO 1133-2
Depending on the plastic being used, the extrusion plastometer can be fitted with different test weights. 2.16 kg are included in the delivery of a basic instrument.
|Required for this||Item No.|
|12.5||Test weights with test loads 5/10 kg (Item No. 001381)||001389|
|(ASTM D3364) 20||Test weights with test load 5/10/15/21.6 kg (Item No. 001443)||008077|
At least one extrusion barrel must be selected, in accordance with the materials to be tested. Various plastics (e.g. PTFE and PFA) which contain fluorine release hydrofluoric acid, which attacks the extrusion barrel material. For these plastics extrusion barrels made of a special steel alloy are used. These extrusion barrels have only limited suitability for filled plastics. For these the wear-resistant version is recommended.
|Test material||Diameter, inner|
|Plastic, not containing fluorine||9.55||Wear-resistant||001331|
|Plastic, containing fluorine / not containing fluorine||9.55||Acid-resistant||001345|
The die plug prevents premature outflow of the material when plastics with high flow-rates (> 10 cm3/10 min at load 0.325 kg) are being tested. When the die plug is in use, an extrudate cutter is required in order to eject the die plug automatically when the test begins.
|Die plug for testing plastics with high flow-rate; ceramic plug included1||012728|
- Required: 1x extrudate cutter