Automated testing of auto-injectors
With help from autoinjectors, liquid medications can be administered directly and easily in a single dose, making them subject to stringent quality control. With ZwickRoell’s multifunctional testing machine, all component tests that are part of an autoinjector or pen are tested. Through daily checks all relevant testing parameters are reviewed, significantly elevating safety and test results. In combination with the automation solution roboTest, operator influences are eliminated and high reproducibility of test results is achieved.
Testing system advantages and benefits:
- All components tests on the autoinjector are performed in one cycle. A results file for all components tests is generated and guarantees high reproducibility. With a reduced number of samples, costs are lowered and human error due to sequential process and one specimen is avoided.
- Faster cycle times (< 3min with all currently available options) and comfortable expansion options for fully automated feeding of specimens using robotic systems.
- Reliable test results are guaranteed through daily checks of force, weight, needle length, liquid flow, injector color, and acoustics.
- The separate electrical cabinet fulfills basic requirements for hygienic design (GMP)
- Mistake-proofing through design (combination Poka Yoke with scanner) to prevent incorrect insertion of specimens. This leads to reliable test results and reduces costs.
- Universal cap remover (gripper) enables design independence of injector caps.
roboTest advantages and benefits:
- Operator influences are eliminated with the use of roboTest. This results in high reproducibility of the test results.
- Easy insertion of the roboTest specimens helps avoid user errors and therefore guarantees reliable test results.
- Through roboTest, qualified personnel are relieved of routine tasks, making them available for more complex responsibilities.
- High reproducibility of test results is achieved with the standardized specimen magazines.
- With use of the automation system, a reduction in cost per specimen is achieved. Rapid amortization of the system is an additional benefit.