Testing Machine for Tubular BiomaterialsDownload
- 20 N
- Characterization of tubular biomaterials in temperature-regulated fluid mediums through optical strain measurement
This low-load testing machine is ideal for the mechanical characterization of biological tissues such as cardiovascular tissues, arteries, the esophagus and trachea. The tissues to be tested are placed in a medium bath containing a physiological and temperature-conditioned saline solution.
Due to the sensitivity of the structures being tested, strain must be measured without affecting the specimen. Measurement is performed using a combination of laserXtens and videoXtens non-contact measuring systems.
- Low-load testing machines for the mechanical characterization of biological tissues such as cardiovascular tissues, arteries, the esophagus and trachea
- Loading the specimen with axial force (tension), internal pressure (inflation), and rotational movement (torsion)
- Tissue specimens submerged in a physiological solution
- Optical measuring systems enable exact measurement without influencing the specimen
- Non-contact videoXtens measures the axial strain and change in width simultaneously
- Non-contact laserxtens for measuring torque