Biaxial and Triaxial Testing Machines
ZwickRoell offers various solutions for biaxial and triaxial materials testing. Materials testing machines with torsion drive enable fast, precise biaxial testing (tensile or compression combined with torsion) of materials or components up to 10,000 Nm. In addition to tests on artificial ball-and-socket joints and bone-replacement material, torsion tests are also performed on items such as clutch plates, steering shafts and camshafts.
ZwickRoell's product range also includes biaxial testing machines for cruciform tests from 1kN to 250kN. These have four separate drives which can be operated either in master/slave mode or controlled independently of each other via the respective testControl measurement and control electronics. Biaxial testing machines for cruciform tests are especially well-suited for components testing, for research purposes and for individual complex test sequences. Biaxial and triaxial testing machines for small loads from 2 to 200 N are ideal for testing of natural and artificial elastic tissues and tubular biomaterials.
Static Torsion Testing
Torsion drives from 2 Nm to 2,000 Nm are available for torsion tests on materials or components. ZwickRoell supplies a variety of testing machines to cater to different requirements, including varied installation options.
These torsion drives were developed as a modular system, making them suitable for retrofitting as well. A Master Test Program for multiple test axes plus a graphical sequence editor for four test axes are available in the testXpert III testing software. For pure torsion tests there are the TorsionLine testing machines with horizontal testing axis and optional weight loading unit.
Biaxial Tensile Test (Cruciform Test)
A unique feature of materials testing is the biaxial tensile test, or two-axis tensile test, which is used to determine the deformation properties of the material. It is primarily employed in research and development, as it allows defined stress values to be set and investigated at the intersection point of the specimen.
Biaxial Testing Machine for Biomaterials
The biaxial testing machine was developed for mechanical testing of natural and artificial elastic tissues. The integrated, height-adjustable liquid basin enables uniaxial and biaxial testing in tempered liquid mediums.
Triaxial Testing Machine with Torsion for Tubular Biomaterials
This triaxial low-load testing machine allows for the application of axial force (tensile), internal pressure (inflation) and a rotational movement (torsion) on cardiovascular tissue. The tissues to be tested are placed in a medium bath containing a physiological and temperature-conditioned saline solution.
Testing Machine for Triaxial Loading
This triaxial low-load testing machine with maximum nominal load of 2 N was developed for measurement of the shear force of biological (orthotropic) tissues.
Biaxial Testing Machines are Available from ZwickRoell in Both Standardized and Customized Versions
- Biaxial, low-load testing machine with four high-resolution linear drives horizontally arranged for uniaxial and biaxial testing of natural and artificial elastic tissues up to a maximum test load of 200 N.
- Biaxial testing machine with electromechanical testing actuators (horizontally oriented) for uniaxial or biaxial tests on films/foils, paper, elastomers and biological materials up to a maximum test load of 2 kN
- Biaxial testing machine with electromechanical testing actuators (vertically oriented) for uniaxial or biaxial tests on sheet metals, elastomers, plastics and components up to a maximum test force of 50 kN
- Biaxial testing machines with table-top testing machines (horizontally oriented) for uniaxial or biaxial tests on sheet metals, elastomers, plastics and components up to a maximum test load of 150 kN
- Biaxial testing machines (vertically oriented) for uniaxial or biaxial tests on sheet metals up to a maximum test load of 250 kN