Kappa LA-DWLever arm creep testing machine with dead weight for tests up to 100,000 hours Download
- 50 kN
- -80 to +1,200°C
- ISO 204
- ASTM E139
- EN 2002-005
- ASTM E1457
The proven materials testing machine for classic creep tests with constant gravity force
The lever arm creep testing machine with dead weight was developed for classic creep tests and long-term tests up to 100,000 hours. Wear-free flexible joints guarantee optimal lever arm mounting and precise force application through constant gravity in a wide load range.
The Kappa LA-DW lever arm creep testing machine can be used for the following applications in ambient or high-temperature conditions:
- Crack growth/widening tests
- Creep tests up to break:
- Creep rupture
- Stress rupture
- Classic creep tests
Advantages & features
Advantages & features
Specific machine design
- Mechanical testing system for long-term creep tests up to 100,000 hours
- Constant load application through gravity
- Patented wear-free flexible joints ensure high-quality lever arm mounting.
- Wide force measurement range for tests with small and large forces according to DIN EN ISO 7500-2 in class 0.5 and class 1
- Automatic end of test after specimen break (break detector)
- Alignment to ASTM E1012
- Wear-free flexible joints contribute to axial alignment according to ISO 204, ASTM E139, ASTM E292 and NADCAP requirements
- Spherical mounting ensures self-adjusting alignment in tensile tests and low, standard-compliant flexural stress (± 10%)
Precise specimen temperature
- The ZwickRoell high-temperature furnace is specially designed and optimized for creep testing.
- The high-temperature controller can be integrated in the base of the testing machine, saving space.
- One, two or three specimen thermocouples – dependent on the specimen length
- Automatic and specimen-centered entrainment of the thermocouples and the furnace – also in case of long elongations and long test duration
- Operator-independent temperature control with automated adaptation of the control parameter for influencing factors such as
- Heating rates and target temperature
- Specimen size, material and shape
- Number of thermocouples
- Guaranteed uniform temperature distribution along the specimen
- No overshooting of the specimen temperature upon reaching the target temperature
- Empirical determination of the control parameters for individual temperatures is no longer necessary.
- Wide temperature range with tolerances better than ISO 204 and ASTM E139:
200°C ... 400°C: ± 2K
400°C ... 1,150°C: ± 1K
Intelligent electronics and software
- Consistent workflow orientation reduces training needs to a minimum
- Any desired force controlled load application
- Easy operation during test performance and test result evaluation
- Integrated temperature control of the high-temperature controller
- Temperature control, recording and documentation prior to the test (heating phase)
- Well designed data security concept
Reliable strain measurement is based on an extensometer that has been optimally matched to the testing application. Therefore, selection of the right extensometer is crucial and is the basis for repeatable test results. ZwickRoell engineers are available to help you select the right extensometer for your application, eliminating any guesswork in deciding on an optical or contact-type extensometer:
- Non-contact extensometer videoXtens
- Side-attaching contact-type extensometer:
-makroXtens with high-temperature sensors
- Side entry extensometer
- Axial-attaching contact-type extensometer:
- Rod-in-tube extensometer
- 4-rod extensometer
- DCPD extensometer for measuring the crack growth
Further details are available here.
Wide range of accessories
The wide selection of machine accessories supports many application possibilities, allowing for testing with one and the same testing machine at ambient temperature, high temperature and ultra-high temperature.
- Furnaces with different dimensions and slots
- Specimen grips and load strings
- Contact-type and non-contact extensometers
- Safety enclosures
Ready for changes in future technology
Modular design means that the testing system can be converted or retrofitted whenever required. Moreover, testControl II machine electronics are compatible with future-generation ZwickRoell software.
|Test load, max. Fmax||50 kN|
|Lever arm ratio||20 : 1|
|Test area width between the columns||520 mm|
|Test area height, max. (without clamping fixture and clamps)||1500 mm|
|Crosshead travel||150 mm|
|Test frame dimensions (WxDxH)||1050 x 655 x 2312 mm|
|Test speed||max. 50 mm/min|
|Supply voltage||230 VAC|
|Power rating||1 kVA|
We will find the optimal solution for your creep test application. Please feel free to contact our experts.
We look forward to discussing your needs.