In the 4-point flexure test the bending stiffness of corrugated boards is determined in accordance with DIN 53121 or ISO 5628. The 4-point flexure test delivers reliable stiffness values in the machine and transverse directions. This is particularly important for mini-flute corrugated board, where the stiffness of the board plays a significantly greater role than with standard flute heights.
- Using expertise gained from flexure test kits for structural materials, (aerospace, ceramics and high-performance metals), ZwickRoell has developed a 4-point flexure test kit for cardboard and corrugated cardboard.
- Result: a moderately priced fixture which meets all requirements Another important point is that it can even be used with our smallest machine, the zwicki.
- In contrast to instruments that use weights for specimen loading, operation is quick and straightforward. The specimen is simply positioned on the flexure test kit and the test is started. Stiffness is calculated automatically, with allowance for elastic limits.
- The anvils supplied with the flexure test kit are designed to fully accommodate the properties of corrugated cardboard, allowing even warped or buckled specimens to be tested in many cases.
- Measurement is possible even with production-related self-deformation of specimens.
Our static materials testing machines are designed for universal application. This makes it easy to implement individually tailored testing solutions in addition to our standard solutions.
With our AllroundLine materials testing machine with four measuring axes, all relevant tests for predicting the compression strength of cardboard can be determined in a single machine, and various tests can be performed in paper testingIn this example,
- the ECT, FCT, CMT and RCT crush tests are performed in the upper test area.
- In the lower test area (from left to right), the SCT, the tensile test, and the 4-point flexure test are performed.
- Expansion options through additional slots, extensometers, safety doors and other accessories.
Interested? Please contact us!