This 3-point flexure test is performed to determine the buckling resistance of corrugated board to DIN 54608.
The test is used for advanced characterization of multi-wall corrugated products.
Performing the determination is simple and requires only relatively small specimen sizes.
The value depends on various basic parameters:
- SCT of the output paper
- Flute geometry
- Quality of the board adhesion
- Development of material flaws, such as plastic deformation during the manufacturing/molding processes, development of vacuum lines, etc.
Our static materials testing machines are designed for universal application. This makes it easy to implement individually tailored testing solutions in addition to our standard solutions.
With our AllroundLine materials testing machine with four measuring axes, all relevant tests for predicting the compression strength of cardboard can be determined in a single machine, and various tests can be performed in paper testingIn this example,
- the ECT, FCT, CMT and RCT crush tests are performed in the upper test area.
- In the lower test area (from left to right), the SCT, the tensile test, and the 4-point flexure test are performed.
- Expansion options through additional slots, extensometers, safety doors and other accessories.
Interested? Please contact us!