Vicat DryNo more irritating oil fumes! Download
The Oil-Free Measurement Principle
Vicat Dry instruments are designed to determine the Vicat softening temperature (VST) and are primarily used in research and development, goods inwards checks and production monitoring. The oil-free measurement principle ensures clean, odor-free working conditions. The test sequence is completely automatic. Different versions of the instrument are available, with two or six testing stations according to requirements.
Advantages & Features
Advantages & Features
- no fiddling with weights - loading is performed automatically
- convenient PC control
- instrument cools down quickly, assisted by a cryostat with closed coolant circuit
- easy displacement calibration using gage-blocks
- small specimens are easy to handle
- rapid re-cooling enables significant increase in throughput compared with oil Vicat tests
Determination of Vicat softening temperature (VST)
- of thermoplastics as per ISO 306
Functions, elements and interfaces
- built-in microprocessor-controlled electronics for temperature control and measured-value acquisition
- fully automatic test-sequence
- automatically controlled compressed-air re-cooling
- connection for fluid cooling
- safety thermostat
- low heating of housing
- safety switch prevents crush risk
- serial interface for connecting a PC for test-control and data acquisition via ZwickRoell Roell testing software
- integrated compensation for heat expansion
- integrated weight sets, 10N and 50N
Automatic test sequence
Once the heating block has reached the starting temperature, the specimens are positioned in the measuring stations, the instrument is closed pneumatically and the test weight specified in the standards is automatically applied.
On completion of preheating under the influence of force, the displacement signals are zeroed (program-controlled) and warming of the heating block at the preset rate is started. As soon as the required penetration is attained at all stations, the heating is switched off and the test is ended.
Re-cooling is started automatically; the specimens can afterwards be removed.
Re-cooling the heat-transfer fluid
The instruments are equipped with compressed-air cooling as standard. If sufficiently cool compressed air is not available, the instruments can be cooled with water.
|General technical data for Vicat Dry|
|Display accuracy at 250 °C||±0.5||°C|
|Spatial temperature gradient||±0.2||°C|
|Temperature measurement resolution||0.1||°C|
|Temperature sensor||2x measurement of heating-block temperature, 1 additional specimen-adjacent sensor per measuring station|
|Heating rate||50, 120 or freely adjustable||K/h|
|Displacement measurement with inductive LVDT measuring transducers|
|Displacement measurement range, approx.||2.5||mm|
|Re-cooling times (dependent on temperature-conditioning medium):|
|with water, from 200°C to 25°C at water temperature of 12°C, approx.||15||min.|
|with air, from 200°C to approx. 35°C, approx.||25||min.|
|mains supply frequency||50/60||Hz|
|compressed-air supply1||6 to 10||bar|
|water supply, max.2||10||bar|
|PC interfaces required||RS232 interface|
|Scope of delivery||weights and needles included in delivery|
|VST specimen dimensions, max.||10 x 6.5 x 10||mm|
- Compressed-air supply required for compressed-air cooling
- Water supply required for water-cooling
|Type||Vicat 2-300 Dry||Vicat 6-300 Dry|
|Measuring stations, equipped||2||6|
|Weight without accessories, approx.||62||90||kg|
Do you have any questions regarding our products?
Please feel free to contact our product experts.
We look forward to discussing your needs.