ZwickRoell DWT high-energy drop weight testers are used for testing and evaluating fracture surfaces of ferritic steels. The test method is described as a drop weight test in the following standards: API-RP 5L3, DIN EN 10274 and ASTM E436.
Specimens from the pipe wall of large oil and gas pipelines are subjected to the drop weight test to API 5L. The specimens with a height equal to the original wall thickness and widths of several centimeters are subjected to abrupt loading via a vertically falling weight with a tup. The energy (weight and release height) is set so that the specimen breaks and the fracture surface can be assessed visually.
- During the test, weights fall on a specimen supported at both ends and break it. The specimen is provided with a cold-pressed notch, which is the point at which the specimen breaks under the impact.
- The DWT (drop weight testers) are available in the following versions: 20, 30, 40, 60, 80 and 100 KJ.
- The standard maximum drop height for all versions is 5 m. DWT 20 - 40 are alternatively available with a maximum drop height of 2.5 m.
- The test tools are fitted outside the test area.
- The specimens are fed pneumatically within 10 seconds and meet ASTM E436 requirements.
- Modular "building block" system with six sizes and two drop-heights.
- Pneumatic specimen feed and fixture loading outside the test area guarantees fast, reliable feeding within the time required by the standard.
- Quick-change system for anvils.
- Flexure table with integrated centering unit. Different specimen thicknesses can be set quickly and easily.
- Electrical and mechanical test-area safeguards with safety circuit - the test does not begin until all safety switch contacts have been interrogated.
- Electronically monitored, pneumatically operated safety interlocking to guard the test area against accidents.
- Touchscreen operation with electronic display of drop height, drop energy, drop weight and impact velocity.
- The steplessly adjustable drop height is automatically achieved after input of drop weight and drop energy.
- The drop weight is divided into individual weights to allow adjustment of drop energy. The weight is measured electronically, eliminating input errors.
- Four high-performance reservoir-type shock absorbers for safe, reliable drop-weight arrest.
- Controlled low-temperature cooler for accurately maintained specimen temperature.
- Plan view of foundation included in delivery.
- The connecting plate, anchor bolts and grout included in delivery can be supplied in advance if required.
|Energy||20000 J||20000 J||30000 J||30000 J||40000 J||40000 J|
|Max. drop height||2.5||5||2.5||5||2.5||5||m|
|Min. drop weight||460||410||457||457||480||456||kg|
|Additional single weights|
|A - overall height||5900||8000||5750||8000||5900||7960||mm|
|B - width||3100||3060||3210||3060||3210||3060||mm|
|C - width||1140||1140||1140||1140||1140||1140||mm|
|D - width||1965||1965||1965||1965||1965||1965||mm|
|Foundation dimensions||2150 x 2150||2150 x 2150||2150 x 2150||2150 x 2150||2150 x 2150||2150 x 2150||mm|
|Max. specimen dimensions|
|Option: Low-temperature cooler|
|Max. temperature variation||±1||±1||±1||±1||± 1||±1||°C|
|Number of specimens||3||3||3||3||3||3||pcs.|
|Specimen dimensions||50 x 76 x 305||50 x 76 x 305||50 x 76 x 305||50 x 76 x 305||50 x 76 x 305||50 x 76 x 305||mm|
|Electrical supply data|
|at 50 Hz||3x 400-440||3x 400-440||3x 400-440||3x 400-440||3x 400-440||3x 400-440||V, N/PE|
|at 60 Hz||3x 440-480||3x 440-480||3x 440-480||3x 440-480||3x 440-480||3x 440-480||V, N/PE|
|Ambient temperature||+10 ... +35||+10 ... +35||+10 ... +35||+10 ... +35||+10 to +35||+10 ... +35||°C|
|Humidity||20 ... 90||20 ... 90||20 ... 90||20 ... 90||20 to 90||20 ... 90||%|