Drop Weight Testers for Pellini TestsDownload
- 1650 joules
- Drop weight test (Pellini)
- ASTM E208
- SEP 1325
The drop weight test as described by W.S. Pellini (Pellini test) is used to investigate the brittle fracture tendency of steels for comparative evaluation of crack arrest behavior to ASTM E208 and SEP 1325.
During the Pellini test, weights fall onto a rectangular flexure specimen supported at both ends, causing a brittle fracture on the tensile side of the specimen within a given total deflection. This brittle fracture is initiated by a notched welding bead laid on this side and known as the crack starter.
In this Pellini test it is determined whether the brittle fracture caused by the artificial crack-starter spreads as far as one of the two side faces of the specimen, or is arrested before. If the fracture extends to one of the two side faces, the specimen is considered broken.
- Modular "building block" system with two sizes
- Interchangeable flexure inserts and fixtures.
- Electrical and mechanical test-area safeguards with safety circuit - the test does not begin until all safety switch contacts have been interrogated.
- Independent pneumatically operated safety interlocking safeguards test area against accidents
- Touchscreen operation with electronic display of drop height, drop energy, drop weight and impact velocity (theoretically)
- The steplessly adjustable drop height is automatically achieved after input of drop weight and drop energy
- No extra foundation required. Floor must be capable of carrying a specific load of 0.3 kg/cm²
- Pellini drop weight testers are available in 550 J and 1650 J versions.
- The maximum drop height is 1 meter or 1.3 meters.
- In accordance with standards (ASTM E208 and SEP 1325), the predefined drop-energies are easily obtained with the use of weights. Drop energy is calculated automatically.
|Drop energy||340 ... 550||340 ... 1650||J|
|Drop height max.||1000||1300||mm|
|Drop weight||24.8 ... 56||24.8 ... 130||kg|
|Drop speed max.||4.4||5||m/s|
|A – height approx.||3074||3374||mm|
|B – width approx.||1550||1550||mm|
|C – depth approx.||840||840||mm|
|P1||360 ± 10||90 ± 2.0||25 ± 0.3||mm|
|P2||130 ± 10||50 ± 1.0||19 ± 0.2||mm|
|P3||130 ± 10||50 ± 1.0||16 ± 0.2||mm|
|P4||130 ± 10||50 ± 1.0||13 ± 0.2||mm|