Longstroke ExtensometerThe sensor arm extensometer for elastic materials Download
- 1000 mm
- Ambient temperature
- Up to 250°C
- Tensile tests
- Cyclic tests
- Flexible plastics
The longstroke extensometer is designed for tests on extensible plastics, elastomers, films/foils, textiles, leather and similar elastic materials.
It is primarily used for direct extension measurement on specimens with medium and large extensions in tensile and hysteresis tests and also in temperature chambers (using extended sensor arms). The robust mechanical design of the guide assemblies, together with the extensometer’s swiveling knife-edges, ensures safe, reliable operation with specimens prone to whipping such as elastomers.
The fundamental component of the extensometers is a precise guide profile with two weight-compensated measurement carriages. The two attached sensor arms with interchangeable knife edges are suitable for round and flat specimens, as well as notch-sensitive materials. The gripping force of the sensor arms can be adjusted at the specimen.
The sensor arms and knife edges (round/straight) are included in the extensometer scope of supply.
The long travel extensometer is suitable for direct extension measurement on all elastic materials, including elastomers, plastics, leather, textiles, etc. and can be used for exact determination of offset yield and strain at break in tensile tests. Standards-compliant secant modulus or E-modulus determination with the specified initial gauge length is not provided.
Advantages and features
- Can be used up to specimen break, even with high loads and brittle specimen material.
- Very high resolution over the entire measurement range.
- Very large measurement travel.
- Synchronous force-displacement acquisition.
- The drag forces are very low.
- The long travel extensometer can be combined with all analog or digital clip-on extensometers or with a manual transverse strain extensometer.
- The extensometer is controlled automatically via the test program. At the start of the test, the sensor arms are attached via electric motor. At the end of the test they are detached and the initial gauge-length is reset via the crosshead movement.
- The extensometer has a robust construction with impact-resistant measurement system.
- Low-friction measuring-carriage mounting minimizes transmission errors.
Long travel extensometer for mounting on AllroundLine or cLine testing system
|Initial gauge length||10 ... 200||mm|
|Measured displacement, max.||1000 - L0||mm|
|Accuracy to EN ISO 9513||Class 1 from 1 mm|
|Drag force, max.||0.2||N|
|Specimen thickness, max.||depends on sensor arm|
|Opening and closing of sensor arms||motorized|
Long travel extensometers for ProLine testing systems
|Testing system||Z100||Z005 to Z0501||Z010 TH, Z030 TN, Z050 TN|
|Initial gauge length||10 to 200||10 to 200||10 to 200||mm|
|Measurement travel, max.||800 - L0||800 - L0||1000 - L0||mm|
|Gauge-length adjustment||manual via scale, stepless adjustment|
|Accuracy to EN ISO 9513||Class 1 from 2 mm||Class 1 from 2 mm||Class 1 from 2 mm|
|Drag force, max.||0.2||0.2||0.2||N|
|Specimen width, max.||60||60||60||mm|
|Specimen thickness, max.||20||20||20||mm|
- Not in conjunction with Z010 TH
Long travel extensometers for zwicki TN and zwicki TH. Not for zwicki type TS!
|Initial gauge length||10 to 200||mm|
|Measurement travel, max.||800 - L0||mm|
|Gauge-length adjustment||manual, stepless via scaled stop|
|Drag force, max.||0.2||N|
|Specimen width, max.||60||mm|
|Specimen thickness, max.||20||mm|
- Option 022810 is required in conjunction with a protective screen.