laserXtens 1-15 HPThe specialist for mini-specimens – non-contact and without gauge marks Download
- 15 mm
- Ambient temperature
- Tensile, compression, flexure tests
- Cyclic tests
- Change in width measurement
- Strain distribution
- Test re-run
- 2D dot matrix
- Metal mini specimens
- Fine wires
The optical extensometer for small specimens
The laserXtens 1-15 HP is the specialist for small specimens. It provides highly accurate, non-contact measurements of deformations in a measurement range up to 14 mm from a measurement length of 3 mm, without the need for gauge marks.
- The laserXtens does not require specimen markings, which is particularly beneficial in the case of small specimens. This saves both time and money.
- A telecentric lens compensates for lateral specimen movements.
- Measurements on specimens with a width/diameter starting at 1 mm, and even smaller after pretesting.
Advantages & features
Advantages & features
Application example for mini and micro specimens
Specific advantages in this application
- Contact-type systems cannot be used for these as they are unable to access the specimen.
- No influence on the specimen - no contact, no specimen marking.
- Out-of-plane movement compensated for by telecentric lens.
- Resolution: 0.04 µm - no comparable system for micro specimens.
- Accuracy Class 0.5
- Time-saving - no specimen marking required.
- Our competitors have no comparable product with laser speckle technology.
- Customizing - can be connected to special temperature chambers to test sensitive specimens at uniform temperature.
- laserXtens 1-15 HP has no moving parts and is completely wear-free.
- Option: 2D dot matrix over the entire specimen, at different measuring points or whole surface.
Compensation for lateral specimen movement
With some specimens or test arrangements, the specimen is prone to moving out of the test axis. This is especially common with small specimens. A change in the specimen distance to the camera does however, in a trapezoidal field of view, result in an magnification/demagnification of the specimen, whereby the test results are influenced. The telecentric lens of the laserXtens 1-15 HP compensates for these lateral specimen movements and minimizes measurement error.
|Type||laserXtens 1-15 HP|
|Initial||3 ... 14||mm|
|Measurement displacement with speckle tracking||15||mm - initial gauge length|
|Measurement displacement for flow measurement||After measurement displacement via speckle tracking, laserXtens switches to flow measurement.|
|Resolution||0.04||μm to EN ISO 9513|
|To EN ISO 9513||0.5|
|According to ASTM E83||W2|
|Typical measurement frequency (adjustable)||70||Hz|
|Measurement speed, max. at the measurement point||250||mm/min|
|Round specimens||0.5 ... 301||mm|
|Ambient temperature||+10 ... +35||°C|
|Minimum version||testXpert II V3.71 or testXpert III|
|Laser safety class to DIN EN 60825-1 (11-2001)||22|
|Scope of delivery||Measuring head with one digital camera including telecentric lenses, two red laser light sources, software for image acquisition, evaluation of the cross correlation and transfer to testXpert III, accessory case with scale aid|
- Pre-tests are required for specimens with a specimen diameter < 1 mm.
- No safety measures required.
Do you have any questions regarding our products?
Please feel free to contact our product experts.
We look forward to discussing your needs.