laserXtens 2-220 HPHigh-accuracy strain measurement on metals Download
- 50 mm
- Ambient temperature
- Up to 250°C
- Tensile, compression, flexure tests
- Cyclic tests
- Change in width measurement
The laserXtens 2-220 HP provides high-accuracy, non-contact measurement without the need for gauge marks for tensile, compression and flexure testing on metals. The system reliably performs closed-loop strain-rate controlled tests to ISO 6892-1 Method A1. The laserXtens is easy to operate and low-maintenance. It can also be ideally used in automated systems, since manual specimen preparation is not necessary.
- The laserXtens does not require specimen markings, Significant time and cost savings, particularly with high specimen throughput.
- Optional transverse strain measurement and r-value determination, also without specimen marking.
- No operator influence or influence on the material characteristic values.
- Very easy system operation.
Extensometers from the laserXtens systems series measure without contact and with the highest level of accuracy. The measuring principle eliminates the need to apply gauge marks. This allows the laserXtens systems to be used for a wide range of applications:
- Tensile, flexure and compression testing preferably on metals or other materials that disperse the laser light on the surface.
- Testing on contact-sensitive specimens or specimens with high fracture energy.
- Highly accurate testing in temperature chambers and high-temperature testing
- Applications in which more than two measuring points are used, e.g. biaxial deformation measurements or strain distribution.
- Measurements on small specimen geometries or components.
Due to its flexibility and easy handling the laserXtens is ideal for applications in the field of quality assurance, as well as in research and development.
The measuring head of the laserXtens 2-220 HP consists of two digital cameras that are mounted to motorized carriages. This enables the distances between the cameras to vary and thus different initial gauge lengths to be implemented.
The laserXtens 2-220 HP is suitable for use with temperature chambers.
Additionally, the laserXtens 2-220 HP can be used for for strain-rate controlled tests to ISO 6892-1 Method A1 “Closed Loop” (for gauge lengths ≥ 50 mm).
Application example to ISO 6892-1
Specific advantages in the application:
- Strain-rate controlled tests to ISO 6892-1 Method A1 (closed loop) (for gauge lengths ≥ 30 mm).
- Determination of strain at break, including specimens with high fracture energy - no damage due to hard impacts at break.
- No specimen marking required, therefore significant time saving.
- No specimen is wasted due to breaks outside L0: the strain distribution option automatically sets L0 around the area of highest strain and the break location.
- Transverse strain camera hardware option: determination of change in width and r-value to ISO 10113.
- Width measurement always centered: the extensometer tracks via connection to the crosshead. This results in a larger measuring range and the system is automatically positioned centrally to the gauge length at all times.
- High-accuracy testing in the ZwickRoell temperature chamber: temperature control and air distribution in the temperature chamber are optimized so that the laserXtens resolution is only minimally affected, even at temperature.
- 2D dot matrix option: measurements over the entire specimen, at different measuring points.
- The laserXtens 7-220 HP has no moving parts and is completely wear-free.
- Patented array technology.
- Resistant to environmental influences (e.g. air currents); the flexible tunnel minimizes signal interference.
|Type||laserXtens 2-220 HP|
|Initial||3 ... 200||mm|
|Measurement travel with speckle tracking|
|Measurement travel flow measurement||After measurement travel via speckle tracking, laserXtens switches to flow measurement.|
|Strain rate control compliant to ISO 6892-1 Method A1||From 501||mm|
|Resolution||0.07||µm to EN ISO 9513|
|To EN ISO 9513||0.5|
|To ASTM E83||B2 from gauge length 15 mm|
|Typical measurement frequency (adjustable)||70||Hz|
|Measurement speed, max. at the measuring point||500||mm/min|
|Flat specimens, measured on the broad side||≤30||mm|
|Flat specimens, measured on the specimen edge||>12||mm|
|Round specimens||1 ... 302||mm|
|Width||485 ... 745||mm|
|Ambient temperature||+10 ... +35||°C|
|Minimum version||testXpert II V3.71 or testXpert III|
|Laser safety class to DIN EN 60825-1 (11-2001)||23|
|Scope of delivery||Measuring head with motorized gauge length adjustment (automatic L0 setting), 2 digital cameras including lenses F=75mm, 2 red laser light sources, software for image acquisition, evaluation of the cross correlation and transfer to testXpert III, accessory case with scale aid.|
- Not in ZwickRoell temperature chamber
- Pre-tests are required for specimens with a specimen thickness < 1 mm.
- No safety measures required.