testControl II electronicsDownload
- 24 bit
- Up to 10 kHz
- 400 kHz
High measuring accuracy and reproducibility
The smallest force changes on the specimen are quickly and accurately recorded and displayed. The A/D converter guarantees high measured-value accuracy over a wide measurement range with sampling rates of 400 kHz and 24 bit resolution.
High data transmission rate
Each travel and force peak is acquired with high resolution and recorded synchronously at 500 Hz on all measuring channels. Optionally, the measured value acquisition rate can be expanded to 2,000 Hz. The high data transmission rate enables fast measurement with the highest degree of reproducibility. This is highly advantageous for quick tests, short, brittle fracture events and in tear-growth, adhesion and peel tests.
Time-Synchronous Signal Processing
Time-synchronous acquisition of measured values from all sensors connected to plug-in slots takes place at the fast system-frequency, as does data transmission to ZwickRoell testing software. This ensures high test-result reproducibility regardless of the sensors in use or the test sequence; for example force and travel signal synchronicity is maintained, even with strongly differing test speeds.
Machine Compliance Correction
- Real-time correction via the corrected channel directly in the testControl II electronics, regardless of test speed and duration!
- Control and positioning directly to the corrected channel.
- Ideal for tests for which direct-measurement extensometers cannot be used.
The testControl II machine electronics automatically switch to eco mode when not in use, saving energy.
testControl II system monitoring provides the user/laboratory manager with detailed information on the current status and level of utilization of the testing equipment. This enables further increases in testing equipment availability and greatly simplifies maintenance planning and spares/replacement procurement.
Powerful Drives and Drive Controllers
Fast, adaptive drive controller
The high drive control frequency of 1,000 Hz delivers fast, precise force and strain control. Benefits include enabling components to be loaded very quickly and accurately with a predetermined force.
Strain Rate Control
The AllroundLine drive technology’s excellent constant-velocity characteristics and interaction with the sensor technology and adaptive control make it ideal for demanding strain-rate control (e.g. ISO 6892-1, Method A1).
Special controller set-up for testing situations with demanding control requirements. For example, if the force sensor is located on the fixed crosshead in force-controlled tests, the controller can simply be switched in the software.
Powerful drives allow cyclic tests to be performed at maximum speed up to nominal load - with no waiting time between tests. AllroundLine and ProLine use maintenance-free AC drives.
Flexibility through modularity
Flexibility Through Modularity
- For example, an extensometer and a transverse strain extensometer can be used in addition to the load cell.
- If the testing system is equipped with several load cells or additional sensors, these can all remain plugged in. All plugged-in sensors are automatically protected against overloads.
The innovative EtherCat® interface is incorporated as standard. The time-synchronized real-time Ethernet field bus system ensures future-proof integration of sensors and power units.
Gigabit Ethernet Interface
The Gigabit Ethernet interface (a proven industry standard) for the testing machine computer enables very high data throughput.
Use in dynamic testing
testControl II measurement and control electronics represent a universal controller for various drives used in materials testing.
The version developed for servo-hydraulic testing machines allows control of hydraulic linear or torsion testing actuators, used free-standing or in a testing machine.
The controller can be used for static, quasi-static, oscillating and dynamic tests on materials, components and complete structures.
The double axis controller is used for combined tension and torsion axis actuators.
testControll II Xtension
- Plug & play - quick and easy to use with standardized operation in ZwickRoell Roel testing software.
- Fast switching between various testing situations with different sensor systems, while your sensors remain connected.
- Money-saving mobile use on different testing machines.
- All testControl II Xtension channels can be used for any calculations.
- testControl II Xtension's sensors can be used for force / strain control.
- Easy retrofitting whenever you need extra sensors.
- With the second testControl II Xtension even applications with an unusually large number of sensors are possible.
Ergonomic remote control with display
You can control the testing system with the remote control:
- Start or stop a test
- Approach the initial position LE
- open or close automatically controlled specimen grips
- specify self-defined functions
You can drive the crosshead of the testing system via the rocker switch.
|Technical data||single axis / double axis|
|Control frequency||10 kHz|
|Measured-value acquisition, arithmetical||10 kHz, 24 bit|
|Integrated safety concept||2-channel specification for maximum safety|
|Interface for interlocked safety doors|
|Interface for emergency stop link|
|Slots||5x module bus1|
|1x PCI Express|
|PC interface||GigaBit Ethernet|
|Hydraulic interfaces||2x servo valves2|
|1x hydraulic connection unit|
|1x hydraulic power pack|
|1x leak oil pump|
|1x load frame hydraulics (clamping and adjustment)|
|Additional interfaces||1x SATA for optional hard drives|
|Electrical supply||85..260 V, 47..63 Hz, 700 W|
|Dimensions (HxWxD), approx.||510 x 135 x 525 mm|
- Double axis: 4 Module slots occupied by axial force, axial travel, torque and angle ofrotation
- Double axis: 1x servo valve per axis
For use with an AllroundLine or zwickiLIne materials testing machine with testControl II (from 2015)
|Type||testControl II Xtension|
|Number of slots available for measurement and control modules:|
|Synchronized module bus slots||6|
|Force measurement||Class 0.5/1, depending on load cell, as per EN ISO 7500-1, ASTM E4|
|Measurement range||Up to 165% of Fmax|
|Calculated resolution (e.g. load cell in tensile/compression direction)||24||bits|
|Measured-value transmission rate to PC||500 (optionally 2000)||Hz|
|Zero-point correction||Automatic, at start of measurement|
|Measurement signal runtime correction||Yes|
|Interfaces||EtherCAT, synchronization module|
|Software versions required:|
|testXpert II||from V3.7|
|tC II electronics||from V7.7|
|testControl II Xtension||from V7.7 EthBusExp||(Research V1.7)|
|Ambient temperature||+10 to +35||°C|
|Electrical supply data|
|Electrical supply||100 to 240 (wide-range input)||V|
|Tolerance range||± 10||%|
|Power supply frequency||50/60||Hz|
testControl II display remote control for efficient and ergonomic operation of the testing system
|Ambient temperature||+10 to +45||°C|