HA series servohydraulic testing machineActuator in the lower crosshead Download
- Construction materials
- 50 kN - 500 kN
- Fracture mechanics
- ISO 12106
- ASTM E606
- DIN 50100
- ASTM E399
- ASTM E647
- ASTM E466
Standard versions of the HA series fatigue testing machines in the 50 to 500 kN range have the testing actuator mounted in the lower crosshead, below the test area. They are ideal for test arrangements that require temperature chambers or furnaces to be installed in the test area. The positioning of the actuator prevents heated air from rising and causing heating of the actuator; it also prevents oil from dripping into the heated test area.
LCF (low cycle fatigue) testing is among the tests that can be performed using the HA load frame.
The HA fatigue testing machine's test frame features extremely high stiffness, resulting in natural resonance. To avoid unwanted flexural stresses in the specimen the load frames are accurately aligned.
The final element in our dynamic testing product portfolio is the manufacture of all the necessary accessories such as hydraulic power packs, servohydraulic testing actuators, or hydraulic distribution units. Our portfolio is constantly being expanded through a program of continuous development and inclusion of new products, allowing us to satisfy our customer’s most demanding quality requirements while continually improving the quality of our products.
- HA series servohydraulic testing machines are available in various sizes for test loads from 50 kN to 500 kN.
- The standard testing actuator stroke is 100 mm or 250 mm.
- The servohydraulic testing machine can be supplied for 210 bar or 280 bar system pressure.
- The load cell is attached to the upper crosshead as standard.
- The upper crosshead is adjustable. It can be optionally equipped with a hydraulic crosshead clamping and lift cylinders.
Advantages & Features
- 4 standard nominal ratings from 50 kN to 500 kN
- convenient working height
- particularly suitable for integration of a high-temperature heating device
- hard-chromed columns for precise guidance of upper crosshead
- hydraulic clamping and adjustment for easy positioning of upper crosshead
- integrated oil-sump for collecting minor leakage
- safety housing to comply with CE Machinery Directive depending on application
Hydraulic Power Packs
The HP series power packs feature high operational reliability and long service life. All components are mounted on top of the oil tank for easy access.
The self-priming radial-piston pump is driven by an asynchronous motor. The nine pistons are in hydrostatically balanced contact with the stroke ring. Flow rate is regulated by the stroke-ring eccentricity, which is adjusted via two control pistons located opposite each other. The pressurized oil is routed via a high-pressure filter and is then available to the appliance. A factory-set pressure relief valve prevents excessive increases in pressure.
Servohydraulic Testing Actuator
ZwickRoell's servohydraulic testing actuators feature sturdy, robust construction and are used both in servohydraulic testing machines and as single testing actuators, for example on a clamping plate. When used in conjunction with a servo valve they enable complex loading sequences to be implemented with great accuracy.
Hydraulic Distribution Unit
The hydraulic distribution unit is the electrically operated switching device in servohydraulic testing machines. It connects or disconnects the hydraulic pressure for a servohydraulic testing actuator or servohydraulic testing machine. A connecting valve is allocated to each consumer, allowing them to be switched independently of each other. The modular design enables addition of an extra switching manifold whenever required.
|Dynamic nominal force||50||100||250||500||kN|
|A - max. height of test frame||2750 (3250)1||2750 (3250)1||3040 (3540)1||3430 (3930)1||mm|
|AK - tilted dimension for installation||2820 (3320)1||2820 (3320)1||3195 (3695)1||3650 (4125)1||mm|
|B – max. width of test frame||1079||1079||1179||1525||mm|
|C – max. depth of test frame||780||780||790||1390||mm|
|D1 – column spacing||565||565||670||800||mm|
|E – column diameter||80||80||100||120||mm|
|F - height of top edge of lower crosshead2||1010||1010||1030||1020||mm|
|G – max. test area height3||1450 (1950)1||1450 (1950)1||1750 (2250)1||2000 (2500)1||mm|
|H – max. working test area height4||1372 (1872)1||1372 (1872)1||1659 (2159)1||1900 (2400)1||mm|
|J – crosshead displacement range||1000 (1250)1||1000 (1250)1||1150 (1400)1||1250 (1400)1||mm|
|Weight5||920 (970)1||920 (970)1||1520 (1600)1||3600 (3720)1||kg|
|Frame stiffness with crosshead separation 1000 mm||673||673||967||2100||kN/mm|
|Suitable for actuators with maximum stroke||250||150||150||100||mm|
|Extra-high + 500 mm||073968||935832||073969||073970|
- Variant with height increased by 500mm
- With vibration-damping feet
- Distance between upper and lower crossheads
- Distance between piston flange and upper crosshead with piston retracted
- Weight without actuator, load cell or any fixtures
Materials and components may fail prematurely under oscillating loads. For this reason, the behavior of materials under alternating mechanical loading is an important decision criterion, for which the necessary data are obtained through testing.
There are two categories of fatigue in materials testing: