BUP Sheet Metal Testing MachinesDownload
- 100 - 1,000 kN
- Cupping test
- Earing test
- Hole expansion test
- Forming limit curve
- ISO 20482
- DIN EN 1669
- ISO 12004
- ISO 16630
With the BUP sheet metal testing machines, characteristic values of the ductility of sheet metals are determined and evaluated. Sheet metal testing machines support development processes in the characterization of new alloys and new metalworking technologies, as well as in eventual series production.
The benefits of sheet metal testing machines are based on flexibility, easy and fast fixture changes for different tests, and the individually controllable integrated functions such as holding down, punching, drawing and ejection.
- The BUP sheet metal testing machines for sheet metal forming are available in five versions with a maximum ram force of 100 kN, 200 kN, 400 kN, 600 kN or 1,000 kN.
- A punch function is integrated in the BUP testing machine, allowing a blank to be punched and a cup to be drawn in one operation (starting at BUP 200).
- The test sequence can be individually adjusted—as for example, the sequence of the deep drawing speed and the sheet metal clamping force.
- With the optional testXpert III testing software, the test results can also be evaluated graphically and saved.
Advantages & Features
- Fast, easy tool and fixture changes, including drawing-punch, drawing-die, blank-holder, cutting-punch, cutting-ring and scraper-ring. Numerous modular expansion options.
- Test tools/fixtures from earlier-generation machines can still be used (with some restrictions). Test tools/fixtures for established test methods available 'off-the-shelf', special tools/fixtures on application.
- Low piston-cylinder friction enables accurate measurement recording and excellent reproducibility.
- Clean and quiet in operation. Easily transportable thanks to compact design.
- Hydraulic cup-extractor via integrated piston, with piston rod acting through drawing-punch.
- Electronics can be swiveled to optimum viewing angle for measured values.
- Conveniently positioned controls.
- Electrical and hydraulic protection for all functions.
- Adjustable automatic blank-holder unloading during test enables cup-drawing without crushing ear.
- Automatic setting of pre-selected clamping force after blanking procedure.
- Automatic piston withdrawal and switch-off after end of test due to crack detection or on reaching maximum ram stroke (s-limit).
- Swing doors and removable casing panels for easy access to components.
- Open design allows multiple tests to be performed on long sheet-metal strips without the need to open and close the tool head.
- No unpleasant odors thanks to closed oil-circuit.
- Special solutions (e.g. piezo load cell, different deep drawing speeds, separate hydraulic power-packs etc.) are available on request.
- Change deep drawing speed during test (BUP 400 / 600 / 1000).
- Operating-mode switch for automatic or manual operation (BUP 400 / 600 / 1000).
- Two-handed operation eliminates risk of accident when closing the manual tool head of the BUP 100/200 (e.g. falling due to accidental jolt).
- Hydraulic opening and closing of tool head, with 2-handed operation (BUP 400 / 600 / 1000).
- Setup stroke for easy tool/fixture change (BUP 400 / 600 / 1000).
|Type||BUP 100||BUP 200||BUP 200|
|Test load, max. (ram force, max.)||130||200||200||kN|
|Total height, approx.||1255||1255||1208||mm|
|Punching force, max.||275||275||275||kN|
|Clamping force, max.||275||275||275||kN|
|Blank (punchable)||Ø 118||Ø 118||Ø 118||mm|
|Blank, insertable, max.||Ø 165||Ø 165||Ø 165||mm|
|Blank, insertable (with centering finger), max.||Ø 105||Ø 105||Ø 105||mm|
|Sheet metal strip width, max.||128||128||128||mm|
|Sheet metal thickness, max.||6.4||6.4||6.4||mm|
|Test tool measurements|
|Drawing matrix, outer, max.||Ø 155||Ø 155||Ø 155||mm|
|Drawing die, max.||Ø 60||Ø 60||Ø 60||mm|
|Read-off accuracy, ram stroke||0.01||0.01||0.01||mm|
|Read-off accuracy, ram force||0.01||0.01||0.01||kN|
|Read-off accuracy, clamping force||0.01||0.01||0.01||kN|
|Read-off accuracy, deep drawing speed||0.01||0.01||0.01||mm/s|
|Ram stroke (travel of deep drawing piston)||0 ... 80||0 ... 80||0 ... 80||mm|
|Deep drawing speed, max.||1200||1200||1200||mm/min|
|Coolant requirement at 20°C water temperature||4||4||-||l/min|
|Air cooler behind testing machine||-||-||x|
|Noise level in idle mode at 1.8 meter height||52||52||58||dB(A)|
|Electrical connection||3 x 400||3 x 400||3 x 400||V (3Ph, N, PE)|
|Electrical connection with option tC II||3 x 400||3 x 400||3 x 400||V (3Ph, N, PE)|
|Type||BUP 400||BUP 600|
|Test load, max. (ram force, max.)||400||600||kN|
|Total height, approx.||1380||1380||mm|
|Height to tool head||1185||1185||mm|
|Punching force, max.||400||600||kN|
|Clamping force, max.||400||600||kN|
|Blank (punchable)||Ø 250||Ø 250||mm|
|Blank, insertable, max.||Ø 250||Ø 250||mm|
|Blank, insertable (with centering finger), max.||Ø 220||Ø 220||mm|
|Sheet metal strip width, max.||260||260||mm|
|Sheet metal thickness, max.||10||10||mm|
|Test tool measurements|
|Drawing matrix, outer, max.||Ø 250||Ø 250||mm|
|Drawing die, max.||Ø 120||Ø 120||mm|
|Read-off accuracy, ram stroke||0.01||0.01||mm|
|Read-off accuracy, ram force||0.01||0.01||kN|
|Read-off accuracy, clamping force||0.01||0.01||kN|
|Read-off accuracy, deep drawing speed||0.01||0.01||mm/s|
|Ram stroke (travel of deep drawing piston)||0 ... 120||0 ... 120||mm|
|Deep drawing speed, max.||1000||1000||mm/min|
|Coolant water requirement at 20 °C water temperature||7||7||l/min|
|Noise level in idle mode at 1.8 meter height||53||53||dB(A)|
|Electrical connection||3 x 400||3 x 400||V (3Ph, N, PE)|
|Electrical connection with option tC II||3 x 400||3 x 400||V (3Ph, N, PE)|
|Test load, max. (ram force, max.)||1000||kN|
|Overall height, approx.||1522||mm|
|Height up to tool head (w/o protective screen), approx.||1361||mm|
|Punching force, max.||1000||kN|
|Clamping force, max.||5 to 1000||kN|
|Blank (punchable), max.||Ø 250||mm|
|Blank, insertable, max.||Ø 250||mm|
|Blank, insertable (with centering finger), max.||Ø 270||mm|
|Sheet metal strip width, max.||260||mm|
|Sheet thickness, max.||10||mm|
|Test tool measurements|
|Draw matrix, outer, max.||Ø 250||mm|
|Drawing punch, max.||Ø 120||mm|
|Reading accuracy, ram stroke||0.01||mm|
|Reading accuracy, ram force||0.01||kN|
|Read-off accuracy for clamping force||0.01||kN|
|Reading accuracy of deep drawing speed||0.01||mm/s|
|Ram stroke (travel of the deep draw piston)||0 to 150||mm|
|Deep drawing speed, max.||750||mm/min|
|Cooling water requirement at 25°C water temperature||10||l/min|
|Electrical supply||3 x 400||V (3Ph, N, PE)|
|Electrical connection with tC II option||3 x 400||V (3Ph, N, PE)|
Typical test methods for sheet metal forming include the cupping test to Erichsen (ISO 20482) and Olsen (ISO 20482), the earing test for determination of earing tendency (ISO 11531 / EN 1669) and hole expansion tests to ISO 16630.
Particular importance is given to determination of the forming limit curve (FLC) to ISO 12004, which is used in a two-stage experiment to generate critical deformations in tests, which are then compared with existing deformations on real components and evaluated. Once the forming limit curve has been determined, it is used at the component design stage to help optimize forming, thereby speeding up the development process.