videoXtens T-160 HP Transverse Strain ExtensometerThe new standard for r-value measurement Download
- 160 mm
- Ambient temperature
- Change in width measurement r-value determination
- Measurement of change in width over the entire gauge length according to the recommendation of ISO 10113:2020. This includes tapering of the material that occurs before uniform extension Ag is reached.
- Very high accuracy (class 0.5 to ISO 9513) through use of a camera and lens specifically selected for the test task.
- Measurement is based on the evaluation of 600 measuring lines acquired via ten measurement axes.
Measurement of longitudinal strain and width reduction without gauge marks. Gauge marks on the specimen are NOT needed.
Measurement of the longitudinal strain can be carried out with closed loop strain rate control to ISO 6892 Method A1, since the videoXtens T-160 HP is used in combination with the multiXtens II HP or the makroXtens II.
- Automatic axial gauge length detection and equidistant distribution of the ten measurement axes over the entire gauge length. The outer measurement axes run through the measuring points of the gauge length.
- Strain-dependent tracking of the ten measurement axes during the test; no slipping of the specimen through the measurement axes.
- Reliable identification of error sources in the test sequence and artifacts (to ISO 10113 Annex A). The permissible deviation of the plastic extension of +/-0.05% is automatically monitored and displayed
The measured values of all ten measurement axes can be individually evaluated and displayed. This allows for visualization of the Portevin-Le Chatelier effect ; r-values can be verified for plausibility and specimen geometry in terms of parallelism and shape tolerances.
- Automatic detection of the break location and break classification to ISO 6892 or JIS Z2254. Invalid tests are automatically and reliably excluded. This saves time and ensures valid and traceable data.
Accuracy class 0.5 to ISO 9513
- With accuracy class 0.5 (ISO 9513) and 0.20 µm resolution, the width measurement is uniquely accurate.
- The use of a camera with lens that is specifically set up for change in width measurement achieves more accurate and more reliable test results with low scatter.
- The intelligent algorithm results in accurate measurement on the specimen edge, without the need for gauge marks.
- The videoXtens T-160 HP is scaled on all 10 measurement axes, which ensures the reliability of the measured values.
- The stable mounting of the videoXtens features low-vibration characteristics and protects against misalignment.
- The images are processed in the software in real time.
- Exact synchronization of all measurement channels.
Individual evaluation of all ten measurement axes
- The measured values of all 10 measurement axes can also be individually evaluated and displayed. This way it is possible to verify at any time whether values are plausible, and a Portevin-Le Chatelier effect as well as Lueders bands can be detected and visualized. In addition, valid r-values can be determined for materials that display these effects.
- The specimen geometry can be verified in terms of parallelism and form tolerances through comparison of the values from the 10 measurement axes.
Automatic detection and classification of the break location
Automatic detection of the break location and break classification to ISO 6892 or JIS Z2254 in testXpert III saves time and results in valid and traceable data.
The break location inside the entire parallel specimen length is recorded at the same time as the r-value measurement.
The break is then classified to ISO 6892 or to JIS Z2254. Invalid tests are automatically and reliably excluded.
Identification of error sources
- A separate layout with prepared curve graphs identifies sources of error in the test arrangement and artifacts (to ISO 10113 Annex A). Here each individual measurement axis is shown in addition to the mean value. The permissible deviation of the technical change in width of +/-0.05 % is automatically monitored and displayed.
Reliable r-values based on a minimum of 600 measuring lines
- The videoXtens T-160 ensures reliable, realistic r-values to ISO 10113:2020 with low scatter through evaluation of the entire gauge length with high accuracy and effectiveness.
- The measurement of width reduction occurs on up to 10 measurement axes that are automatically and uniformly distributed over the entire gauge length.
- The values of the measurement axes are based on a minimum of 600 measuring lines, which allows us to guarantee correct and precise r-values.
|Type||videoXtens T-160 HP|
|Field of view|
|Specimen width, max.||25||mm|
|To EN ISO 9513||0.5|
|Ambient temperature||+10 ... +35||°C|
|Minimum version||testXpert III V1.6|
|Scope of delivery|