Robotic Testing System roboTest PFor automated tensile tests and complex test tasks on metals Download
- Specimens up to 10 kg
- Complex test tasks
- ISO 6892
- ASTM E8
What is a roboTest P?
The roboTest P is a fully automatic test system for tensile tests on metals. Depending on the specimen dimensions and specimen surface, up to 300 specimens can be tested autonomously.
The operator fills the specimen magazine in the safe area of the system, which also makes it possible to fill the magazine while the test is running.
After starting the system, specimen feeding, testing and removal of the specimen remains occur automatically. The specimen test sequence can be specified by the operator at anytime. Disposal of the specimen remains with good/bad sorting is made possible through appropriate tolerance criteria.
The specimen throughput can be optimally adapted to customer requirements with the use of additional devices, such as a cross-section measuring device, ID scanner, roughness measuring device or hardness tester. Determination of the r-value or reduction of area is also carried out with accuracy and repeatability in the automatic sequence.
To increase specimen throughput, multiple materials testing machines can be tied into the system.
For manual tests, the specimen gripper can be moved to the side, making the materials testing machine accessible to the operator. For systems with two testing machines, an additional safety area allows an operator to run manual tests in parallel with automatic operation.
- Operator influences (hand temperature/moisture, off-center or angled specimen insertion etc.) are eliminated resulting in high test-result reproducibility.
- Qualified laboratory staff are relieved of routine activities, allowing them to focus on more complex tasks.
- The machine can be used during idle times (lunch breaks and night shifts), which increases the full capacity and produces faster results.
- The testing system reduces the testing costs per specimen and typically pays for itself within one to two years.
- The system supports reliable documentation and statistical long-term monitoring.
Components and accessories
autoEdition3 automation software
The autoEdition3 automation software is at the core of the robotic testing system. The software controls, regulates and monitors all automated processes, components and devices.
In combination with our testXpert testing software the autoEdition3 automation software delivers traceable and tamper-proof results. Immediately upon starting autoEdition3, the user experiences the benefits of intuitive operation from a look and feel that is consistent with the testXpert user interface.
Do you have questions about our automated testing systems?
Our product experts will be happy to advise you.