Automated testing systems assume the specimen handling task in the testing lab and perform repeatable and reproducible tests according to standard requirements. They ensure compliance with the demanding requirements placed on tests and system operation.
With ZwickRoell automation, specimens awaiting testing are manually sorted into magazines. This relieves qualified laboratory staff of routine activities, leaving them available for more demanding tasks.
Depending on requirements, additional measuring devices can be integrated into this sequence, particularly ZwickRoell’s cross-section measuring device with four independent, automatically applied measuring transducers for precise determination of the cross-sectional area.
Graphic visualizations transmit system status in real time to mobile devices such as tablet PCs. This allows full process control via all current browser programs. Visualization increases the efficiency of the robotic testing system by reducing idle time.
Due to the modular design of our robotic testing systems, required metals tests can be performed efficiently and with reproducibility. Standard components can be used to build customized solutions. A team of experts ensures consistent availability of the automated testing systems.
Due to the modular design of the robotic testing systems for plastics, tensile tests, flexure tests, compression tests and impact tests can be efficiently and reproducibly performed on different plastics applications.
- Thermoplastics and thermosetting molding materials
- Polymer foam
The robotic testing systems can be used for tensile tests, compression tests or function tests on components . Robotic testing systems can also be used for customized applications, such as for testing of iron ore pellets, testing in the hot cell, roughness testing or hardness testing.
Due to the modular design of the robotic testing systems, the required tests can be carried out efficiently and reproducibly. Customized solutions can be put together using standardized components.
ZwickRoell has an extremely large range of automated testing systems with a wide variety of features to suit all applications.
- Thanks to parallel processing of specimens, ZwickRoell automated systems deliver test results significantly faster than automated systems with a conventional software architecture.
- Graphic visualization transmits the system status in real time to mobile devices such as iPads.
- Eliminating operator influence delivers high reproducibility of the test results.
- Qualified laboratory staff are relieved of routine activities, making them available for more complex tasks.
- Unsupervised 24/7 system operation ensures consistently high efficiency in the testing laboratory.
- Main objectives of robot based testing systems:
With an automated testing system, manual testing by the operator is possible at any time.
For manual specimen testing, the robot is moved to a safe parked position or the testing system is uncoupled from the machine. The operator manually inserts the specimen and starts the test from the testXpert screen.