Robotic Testing System roboTest FFor automated tensile tests on non-rigid specimens Download
- Non-rigid specimens
- ISO 6892
- ISO 527
- ASTM D638
The roboTest F is an automated testing system for non-rigid specimens, such as plastic films, aluminum foils or textiles. By using the appropriate specimen grips, metal- and carbon-fiber wires or structural steel can also be tested.
The system consists of a traveling axis and a carousel with up to 200 specimen holders. Specimens weighing up to 500 g can be tested. Specimen holders are available as metal clips, clamps, or magnets. Freely positionable servo axes allow the carousel to be equipped as required with a wide range of specimen holders.
The specimens to be tested are secured in the specimen holders, after which they are conveyed to the testing machine where the tensile test is run.
Manual tests can be performed as required by sliding the specimen feeding system out of the way.
- Operator influences (hand temperature/moisture, off-center or angled specimen insertion etc.) are eliminated resulting in high test-result reproducibility.
- Qualified laboratory staff are relieved of routine activities, allowing them to focus on more complex tasks.
- The machine can be used during idle times (lunch breaks and night shifts), which increases the full capacity and produces faster results.
- The testing system reduces the testing costs per specimen and typically pays for itself within one to two years.
- The system supports reliable documentation and statistical long-term monitoring.
The autoEdition3 automation software is at the core of the robotic testing system. The software controls, regulates and monitors all automated processes, components and devices.
In combination with our testXpert testing software the autoEdition3 automation software delivers traceable and tamper-proof results. Immediately upon starting autoEdition3, the user experiences the benefits of intuitive operation from a look and feel that is consistent with the testXpert user interface.