roboTest L Robotic Testing SystemFor automated tensile tests and flexure tests Download
- Specimens up to 1 kg
- ISO 6892
- ASTM E8
- JIS Z2201
- ISO 527-2
- ASTM D790
- ISO 178
The roboTest L (linear) robotic testing system is used to perform fully automated tensile tests on metals (e.g. to ISO 6892, ASTM E8, JIS Z2201) or tensile and flexure tests on plastics (e.g. to ISO 527-2 , ASTM D790 or ISO 178).
The robotic testing system can also be used for tests on medical products, for example to test safety closures on medicines in a traceable and reliable manner.
Tensile testing (e.g. to DIN 53504 S2 or ISO 37) or tear growth testing (to ISO 34-1) on elastomer specimens can also be automated.
- The system can be added to materials testing machines from 5 to 250 kN.
- Removable magazine inserts can be filled at the operator's workplace. Alternatively, specimens can also be added to the magazine during the automatic sequence.
- Manual tests can be performed whenever required—the specimen feeder simply swings out of the way for access.
- A separate version of roboTest L is available for testing O-rings.
- roboTest L can also be used for feeding specimens to other equipment (e.g. hardness measuring instruments, notch-cutting machines).
- An industrial controller with autoEdition3 automation software controls the system
- Optional components including a barcode reader, cross-section measuring device, HOST connection, accept/reject feature, disposal gripper, and status indicator complete the system.
Advantages & features
- Operator influences (hand temperature/moisture, off-center or angled specimen insertion etc.) are eliminated for high test result reproducibility
- Qualified laboratory staff are relieved of routine activities, making them available for more complex tasks
- Machine can be used during idle times (lunch breaks and night shifts), which utilizes the full capacity and produces faster results
- Testing system reduces the testing costs per specimen and typically pays for itself within one to two years
- System allows for reliable documentation and statistical long-term monitoring