videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZThe high-temperature specialist for all applications Download
- 30 mm
- Ambient temperature
- High temperature up to 1,400°C
- Tensile, compression, flexure tests
- Cyclic loads
- Change in width
- Strain distribution
- Test re-run
- 2D dot matrix
The optical extensometer for demanding applications up to +1,400°C
The videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ measures deformations on different materials in various environmental conditions, without making contact. The measuring principle requires application of gauge marks.
The videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ is ideal for deformation measurement of small specimens starting at a gauge length of 1.5 to 32 mm in accuracy class 0.5 to EN ISO 9513. The strengths of this extensometer are particularly prominent with demanding applications and specimens such as glass.
- Tensile, compression, and flexure tests
- Cyclic applications (< 2 Hz load frequency)
- Long-term applications
- Tests at high temperature up to 1,400°C
- Tests in temperature chambers
- Tests at ambient temperature
Advantages & features
Advantages & features
Easy to operate
- Automatic gauge-mark recognition and acquisition of initial gauge-length L0.
- Tamper-proof: anti-tamper paint is applied to the lenses for the complete system so nothing can be adjusted. An important requirement for reliable test results.
- Easy alignment to the specimen: videoXtens is centrally aligned to the gauge marks via the connection to the crosshead (option).
- Compensation for different specimen thicknesses plus testing shear specimens.
- Wear-free system = low-maintenance. The systems also feature an extremely long service life.
- Connection to non-ZwickRoell machines via ±10V interface.
- The videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ can be used for testing to ISO 6892-2 (high-temperature) and ISO 6892-1 (ambient temperature).
- Strain-rate controlled tests to ISO 6892-2 Method A1 (closed loop) are possible using the videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ. Since high-temperature materials sometimes display nonlinear strain increase, ZwickRoell recommends that you perform pre-tests.
- Measurement of the change in width and deflection without additional markings and without required hardware expansion is possible as a software option.
- ZwickRoell extensometers exceed the requirements of the standards and are calibrated over the entire measurement range to ISO 9513, in accuracy class 0.5.
- Industrial-quality cameras and telecentric, low-distortion lenses.
- In contrast to contact-type extensometers, the videoXtens HP/TZ can measure strain on short specimens (gauge lengths from 1.5 mm) with high accuracy.
- videoXtens HP/TZ is mounted using low-vibration, stable holders.
- Housing provides protection against dirt and dust and inadvertent misalignment of the components.
- Exact synchronization of all measurement channels.
Our automatic centering increases measurement travel and measuring accuracy.
- videoXtens HP/TZ tracks at half crosshead speed via the connection to the crosshead, keeping the testing operation automatically in focus and making optimum use of the measuring range.
- This results in increased system accuracy, as the gauge marks shift less in the image and are captured in the center of the lens.
Pattern recognition: Testing without gauge marks
- The innovative pattern-recognition algorithm allows virtual gauge marks to be applied to the specimen. The gauge marks can be subsequently changed and recalculated (Test re-run option). It doesn't get any more operator-friendly than this!
- The essential requirement is for a pattern on the specimen - either a natural pattern due to a structured surface or an artificial pattern which can quickly be applied using a marker spray or by stippling.
- There are only very few materials that can withstand temperatures over 1,000°C and still provide sufficient contrast for a suitable marking. Therefore, ZwickRoell uses aluminum oxide (Al2O3) for tests at high temperatures, which has a temperature resistance of up to 1,700°C and provides excellent contrast when combined with special illumination.
- The high-temperature resistant marking is simply sprayed on while using a mask and can be attached to almost any desired surface and specimen shape.
Use at high temperatures
- Green LED light sources and corresponding filters minimize the influence of glowing specimens at high temperatures, and achieve continuous high-quality contrast ratios, also in case of varying environmental conditions.
- For tests in combination with temperature chambers and high-temperature furnaces, the videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ is equipped with an adjustable tunnel. This tunnel minimizes interfering factors such as air currents and changing lighting conditions between the camera and specimen.
- For protection against the high temperatures, the laserXtens HP/TZ is separated from the heating systems by a glass window.
Compensation for lateral specimen movements
The telecentric lens makes the videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ resistant to distance changes between the lens and specimen. Load strings are used with temperature chambers and high-temperature furnaces to apply force on the specimen. If these load strings are not accurately aligned, or if they are self-aligning (spherically seated), alignment movements occur at the beginning of the test, in which the distance of the specimen to the lens changes. With ordinary lenses these movements lead to incorrect measurements. The telecentric lens of the videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ compensates for these lateral specimen movements and minimizes measurement error.
|Type||videoXtens 1-32 HP/TZ|
|Initial gauge length||1.5 … 32||mm|
|Measurement displacement for automatic entrainment||32 mm - initial gauge length|
|Accuracy class to EN ISO 9513||0.5|
|Temperature range||-150°C ... +1,400°C|
|Measurement frequency for standard setup||70||Hz|
|Measurement speed, max. at measurement point||500||mm/min|
|Scope of delivery||Measuring head with one digital camera incl. high resolution telecentric lens, interference filter, green LED incident light lamp, high temperature tunnel for reduction of environmental influences, software for image acquisition, accessory case with scaling aid, INC module (for tC: RS module). Incl. connection to crosshead; the extensometer tracks at half test speed.|
Do you have any questions regarding our products?
Please feel free to contact our product experts.
We look forward to discussing your needs.