Reproducibility of test results is an important quality characteristic for raw material manufacturers and compounders in the plastics industry. It ensures reliable monitoring of narrow tolerance limits. Many research centers are equipped with automated ZwickRoell testing machines from the roboTest series.
Operator influence on the test results is minimized, because each specimen is tested in exactly the same way as the one before, making test results more reproducible and statistically more reliable.
There are many other reasons why automated testing is advantageous.
Here are a few examples:
- Lab personnel are relieved of routine duties and can take care of more demanding tasks.
- ZwickRoell robotic testing systems test the entire specimen lot overnight and do not require human monitoring.
- The amortization period for roboTest systems depends on the specimen volume, but is less than two years in most cases.
- Logbook functions make the test conditions traceable for each individual test.
- A variety of test types, such as tensile, flexure, and hardness, can be combined in one single system.
- The test results can be transferred directly to a higher-level computer system.
ZwickRoell offers various standard roboTest automation systems, optimizing each system for the type of test and material to be tested.
Standard roboTest automated solutions are available for the following test types:
- Tensile tests
- Flexure tests
- Compression tests
- Impact test
- Hardness tests
ZwickRoell customers benefit from our experience. We have successfully installed hundreds of automated testing systems that have been tried and tested in everyday use. ZwickRoell has been producing automated testing systems for more than 35 years.