We have developed special test tools for many important standards in the plastics industry. Here you can find a small selection for: puncture/penetration tests on films, flexure tests, tools for testing the coefficients of friction (COF), determination of compression set, peel tests on adhesive tapes and peel tests on composites.
- Applications: The puncture tester determines the puncture resistance of packaging films to DIN EN 14477
- Specimen material Packaging films
- Fast, easy, reliable insertion of film strips
- Endless strip specimens can be gripped quickly and securely.
- The test probe is mounted in a collet, which makes it easy to remove it.
- Round exchange jaw inserts (Vulkolan or O-ring against steel) are available for specimen gripping (included in the scope of supply). The opening and closing of the jaws, as well as gripping force application are carried out mechanically via a tightening nut.
- Applications: For determination of the static and dynamic coefficient of friction to ISO 8295, ASTM D1894, ASTM D2534, TAPPI T549, TAPPI T664 su64 and DIN 53375 (withdrawn)
- Specimen material Plastic films, paper, board
Function description: The test fixture can be used to determine the frictional behavior between foils, as well as between a foil and sheet material (stainless steel or glass).
A film is clamped on the carriage. A second film can be clamped to the stainless steel test table or onto the included glass plate, which is placed on the stainless steel table.
- Applications: tests to ISO 8295, ASTM D1894, ASTM D2534, TAPPI T549, TAPPI T664 su64 and DIN 53375 (withdrawn)
- Specimen material: paper, board, films
- Advantages: Adhesive coating on friction block to grip specimen
Function description: The test fixture can be used to determine the frictional properties of paper, board and films. One specimen is attached to the carriage. A second specimen is clamped on the stainless steel plate.
90° peel test kit
The 90° tape peel test kit makes it possible to perform adhesion tests on adhesive bonds with stiff substrates (3 ... 50 mm thickness) and a flexible top layer (0 ... 20 mm).
The top layer is peeled off upwards over a deflection roller at a 90° angle. A further roller secures the guide for the stiff substrate to the sliding surface table. The axial force application in the tensile direction is ensured by these two rollers.
90° peel test kit FINAT
The 90° peel test kit enables comparison of the removabiity of materials. The carriage with specimen holder can move freely in the horizontal direction during the test.
The carriage is tracked via a steel wire.
180° peel test kit
The peel test kit for insulating tapes determines the tensile behavior of insulating tapes.
Device for positioning and tracking flexible specimens
180° peel tests to determine adhesive forces (seal strength test)
Tack loop test for testing the adhesive strength of adhesive tape
Testing adhesive strength during peel-off from a flat plate: test strips are separated from interchangeable glued plates to determine initial grab or tack, for example as per Finat test method No. 9.
- Specimen material: