Raw material manufacturers, processors and users in the field of polymers have trusted the expertise of polymerphys IK for over 12 years. To support further expansion of their testing services, the company chose a testing machine with temperature chamber from ZwickRoell. Polymerphys IK is the leading testing laboratory for polymers in the Rhine-Main metropolitan region, determining physical material characteristics in accordance with international test standards or according to customer requests–always in line with the motto “You bring it, we’ll break it. That’s a promise!”
To broaden their test portfolio, the company purchased a new AllroundLine (Fmax 30 kN) testing machine. Main components of the testing system include a temperature chamber (- 80 to 250 °C) with door in door principle, magazine for preconditioning of specimens and temperature sensor in near proximity to the specimen, a video extensometer type 2-120 HP and BoW specimen grips and a flexure test kit.
After a test phase that lasted several weeks, Managing Director Knut Laumen affirms the new machine’s outstanding position in the market:
- Temperature control and stability: because the control works so well, we have extended our test reports with the test temperature over test time graph
- Small access door to change the specimens: the inside temperature only changes by a few tenths of a degree Celsius when changing the specimen. The curtain mounted behind the door is very effective in preventing temperature fluctuations
- Noise level: the very low noise level of the temperature chamber supports a pleasant work environment
- Controllable fan rotation speed
- The body over wedge specimen grips close fast and quietly and do not cause extra travel through gripping, which would be incorrectly interpreted as nominal strain.
- Extensometer: the videoXtens provides straightforward measurement of the deformations in tensile and flexure tests
- Load cell: the Xforce K+ 10 kN load cell has proven itself as optimum for the tensile and flexure tests in our testing field, since a change to smaller load cells is not necessary
- High strains: the previous testing machine with temperature chamber reached maximum elongation on the standard specimen of 230 %. The new testing machine, based on the standard specimen, reaches maximum elongation of 410 %, leaving polymerphys IK customers highly impressed.