Count on 100% accurate, repeatable, reproducible and traceable test results – in other words, reliable test results. This allows you to make reliable decisions and avoid time consuming follow-up tests.
testXpert offers various aids to get the most out of the measuring system and avoid errors.
- With guaranteed standard-compliant standard test programs you avoid possible mistakes. All the specifications required by the respective standard are pre-configured.
- testXpert’s intelligent wizard supports the user in entering information. To provide the user with a clear and concise overview, testXpert hides irrelevant settings. Any time that a selected parameter requires additional input, the respective dialog appears. This ensures that nothing is forgotten.
- Automatic correction for machine deformation: tesXpert provides the unique possibility of compensating for the inherent deformation of the materials testing machine. This allows, for example, the deformation of components to be measured very precisely without the use of a measuring transducer.
- testXpert supports regular verification of your test equipment with the use of Daily Check devices.
To ensure that results are repeatable when testing on a different day or by a different operator, the test conditions must always be the same.
- testXpert ensures that you are using identical test conditions through pre-defined machine configuration without any additional effort.
- Once the test programs have been created, all you need to do is load them and start testing immediately with the exact same settings.
- testXpert’s user management function reduces operator influence to a minimum.
To ensure that test results are comparable among different laboratories, they must be independent of the machine and operator.
testXpert reduces operator influence through automated functions: Specimen dimension measuring devices automatically transfer the measured values to testXpert; the testing software assumes the speed switching task according to standard and controls the extensometers and specimen grips. You can find additional examples in our maximum testing efficiency section.
With TENSTAND, the testXpert evaluation algorithms can be further validated through reference data sets from the NPL (National Physical Laboratory).
With testXpert, you always know when who does what and why, and who is responsible.
- The traceability feature in testXpert provides comprehensive, tamper-proof documentation of all actions and changes that occurred. The option ensures 100% traceable results and meets FDA 21 CFR Part 11 specifications.
- By establishing specific user rights, you can determine who is responsible for what. You can also use it to assign and electronic signature.
- In addition, synchronous video recordings of the complete test process document the specimen behavior.
- Condition Monitoring allows you to document the status of your test equipment in terms of calibration, overload situations and maintenance.
- Trend Analysis provides statistical longterm evaluation of your test data and allows you to recognize possible deviations early on.
Our testXpert testing software offers the unique possibility of compensating for the materials testing machine’s self-deformation in real time. This also allows for precise measurement without the need for additional extensometers, for example, the deformation of components.
testXpert determines the self-deformation for a test arrangement once and stores it as part of the pre-defined machine configuration.
When a test is performed, this deformation is compensated directly in the electronics in real time. This applies, when for example, a measuring transducer or extensometer cannot be used.
Work more efficiently and save up to 30% of your time through automated support at every test stage, centralized analyses and more than 800 standard test programs. The event-controlled speed switching feature shortens test times and therefore increases your testing speed.
Test with maximum efficiency!
Read in data automatically
Read in data automatically by integrating measuring devices or importing data from your ERP system.
Entering test data manually requires a lot of time and is prone to errors. By importing your data automatically, you can therefore save up to 50% of valuable time.
Automated imports to testXpert transfer data from ERP system, LIMS, QA or CAQ directly to the testing software. Where up until now, printed files were entered manually, you can now save a significant amount of time.
Even the specimen dimensions that are measured at the start of the test can be transferred automatically: simply press the button on the digital caliper and the data is sent directly to testXpert. Input errors are therefore eliminated.
Reduced training effort
Reduce the time needed to train users through implementation of a single software solution for all your applications, as well as simple and intuitive operation.
testXpert covers not only your applications, but also all of your testing instruments and machines, while ensuring simple operation and a clearly laid out workflow and user interface.
Through the user management feature, testXpert can be further simplified for new or untrained personnel, allowing them to use the software right away without extensive training efforts. The user only sees relevant operating elements and can therefore be fully focused on his tasks.
Work with standard-compliant test programs
Save yourself the time-consuming task of analyzing standards: work with guaranteed standard-compliant test programs. testXpert assumes the work and you can start testing right away.
In standard test programs, standards are already prepared in such a way that you only need to specify a few selection parameters. Whether ISO, ASTM, DIN, JIS or others – testXpert knows all relevant standards. Your tests are 100% standard compliant. If the standard changes, these changes are quickly implemented in our standard test programs in the form of an upgrade.
Even when it comes to your own company standards, the test programs can save you time: on request, we will integrate your individualized requirements into a customized test program created specifically for you.
Reduce preparation time
Reduce the time required for test preparation through easily accessible guaranteed repeatable test conditions. testXpert system configurations store your testing machine settings together with the application. When opening the test method, these are automatically loaded in the background. You can easily save the time required for measuring and setting tool separation distances and crosshead positions, as well as sensor settings.
The system configuration sets up identical test conditions automatically. This reduces the possibility of errors that may occur when the testing machine is set up on a different day or by a different user, which would also cost a lot of valuable time if retesting becomes necessary.
Shift your management task responsibilities to Condition Monitoring
Let testXpert take administrative tasks off your hands: use additional tools that save time when it comes to managing your machine.
testXpert’s Condition Monitoring reminds you of upcoming maintenance and provides an overview of the condition of your testing machine(s) at any time.
All machine-specific data is stored in a local database and is accessible through the machine dashboard and a web browser. This includes necessary maintenance tasks, sensors and accessories. It can also be used to evaluate trends such as machine usage and machine and sensor conditions.
Eliminate the need to run pre-tests
Avoid extensive preliminary tests; the testing software can do this for you. Event-driven speed switching automatically controls the change in test speed required by the standard after an event in the test sequence.
- testXpert uses event-driven speed switching. After real-time determination of the modulus of elasticity, for example, or of a yield point, the speed is automatically increased, eliminating the need for pre-tests and manual preselection.
- Metals test to ISO 6892-1 , Method A2 / B: The machine stiffness is automatically determined and corrected; no additional pre-tests are required.
- Metals tensile test to ISO 6892-1: Use Method A1 and eliminate the need for any pre-tests and manual calculations. testXpert automatically sets all control parameters. Target positions and strain values are approached with pinpoint accuracy. Changes in specimen properties are compensated for online.
Automated processes save the user time. In addition, automated systems work faster and more efficiently than human testers, which leads to accelerated process completion and increased productivity. When performing a tensile test, it takes up to 35% less time with a semi-automated machine — automated specimen measurement, specimen grip, extensometer, and software functions — when compared to manual testing machine equipment. And this is without the need for a robot.
The testing software allows you to automate the following procedures during the test:
- Specimen measurement: Automatic transfer of the specimen dimension to the software, instead of manual reading and manual input.
- Automatic extensometers don’t require operators. The testing software assumes all tasks, from setting the initial gauge length, to attaching and detaching according to the defined events, to returning to the start position.
- Do you test in a temperature chamber? It can also be fully and automatically controlled via the testing software: temperature control, automatic start after pre-conditioning, ramps during the test, control factors, etc.
- Automatic specimen grips are controlled by the software and require less user interaction.
Reduce error sources
- Automatic import and export options are helpful for data input, data processing and data output. They reduce error sources and required data entry steps. Data that is normally entered manually now originates from a ERP, LIMS, QA, or CAQ system, or are read in using a barcode scanner. In the same way, the data is restored or exported to automatically generated test reports.
- The more clearly laid out the workflow is, the less errors will occur. For example, running a test in testXpert requires less than five mouse clicks. Easy to understand images, clearly presented graphics and practical mouseovers provide additional support for the operator and reduce incorrect entries. Irrelevant dialog boxes are automatically hidden.
- Define user rights. Design them in such a way that the user does not run the risk of making significant changes to the test sequence.
- Here again, automated systems are helpful (see previous section). They are less prone to errors, because they reduce user influence or can also exclude it altogether.
Export data automatically
Automatic, standardized export of the test data not only saves you time. It also reduces operating errors, which unfortunately occur from time to time when manually merging individual data records.
testXpert takes care of the exports: After the test, the test data of a complete series is automatically transferred into different formats, for example directly into Excel or into a database via OBDC.
Analyze your test results independently of the testing machine at your desk. This way the machine is open for use while you carry out your analysis and it gives you more freedom in terms of planning processes— analyze when the time suits your daily routine.
testXpert can be installed on any number of PCs within your company, and therefore conveniently at your desk. You simply work in testXpert without needing access to the testing machine and evaluate your results. You can also easily prepare test programs from your PC,
while utilization of the testing machine is maximized.
Analyze more efficiently
The analysis process is significantly faster if the test results are provided and processed by the testing software in a centralized manner.
Our new analysis platform testXpert Analytics accesses a central database with prepared analyses, and provides you access to all your testing and machine data. For example, through the Test Data Management feature, which immediately provides comprehensive evaluations of all test results. Or Trend Analysis, which provides a longterm evaluation of the individual test data.
It is no longer necessary to export data to Excel, merge it manually and subsequently analyze it. The prepared analyses can be used directly in testXpert. This again saves time and reduces errors.
Minimize translation efforts
International teams may be faced with uncertainties stemming from language differences. To achieve mutual understanding, a lot of time can be wasted on translations. This can be avoided.
With the testXpert language swap function, all terms, instructions and results can be displayed in the desired language with just a click. This makes it much easier for international teams to communicate with each other.
Not only the test process changes to the chosen language. Test reports can also be easily exported in another language in the form of a PDF file.