Grips for High-Strength Plastic YarnsGrip employing deflection Download
- High-strength yarn
- 2.5 kN
The pneumatic grip for yarn and tire cords is a single actuator grip used on filamentary tensile specimens.
The force reduction curve employing 180° deflection carefully reduces the tensile force on the clamping position. The pneumatic clamping ensures a constant gripping force and can be easily and reproducible set. The specimen is held securely and jaw breaks are prevented during the test.
The load-reduction curve with 180° deflection gently reduces the tensile force before the clamping point. Pneumatic clamping ensures constant gripping force with easy, reproducible adjustment. The specimen is held securely and jaw breaks during the test are avoided.
- Secure holding of the specimen ensures reliable test results, even with specimens prone to shrinkage.
- High specimen throughput thanks to quick specimen insertion and exact centering with insertion aid and guide groove.
- Fast, easy two-handed specimen change - grips operated via foot control unit.
- The load-reduction curve ensures gentle gripping with no jaw breaks.
- The symmetrical weight distribution of the grips ensures accurate force measurement.
|Operating principle/identification||Pneumatic, single-side closing|
|Test load Fmax||2.5||kN|
|Gripping force at 6 bar||16||kN|
|Operating pressure||3 ... 10||bar|
|Opening width, max. with jaws||4||mm|
|Width with pneumatic connection||267||mm|
|Depth with insertion aid||116||mm|
|Depth with insertion aid and connection unit||126||mm|
|Connection, stud||Ø 20||mm|
|Weight per specimen grip, approx.||6.1||kg|
|Ambient temperature||+15 ... +35||°C|
|Scope of delivery||2||pieces|